FUT Scar still have Red above and below scar line

Hi guys,

In need of some help.

I had an FUT procedure about 4 years ago and I still have red skin above and below the white scar line. I have very fair skin but not sure why these areas are still red.

Has anyone else experienced this? And what can be done to fix it?

I am looking into fue into the scar area to help camouflage the scar but don't think that will help hide the redness. Would smp to the redness help break it up or disguise it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your reply,

I will look into this vbeam laser treatment. Hopefully that will help take the red out of the areas above and below the scar. Is it something that you need to have ongoing treatments or like yourself a couple of sessions has reduced the redness dramatically?

I am looking into trying to fix my scar with fue into the scar area but feel the redness is probably just as bigger issue with trying to disguise the area.

Are you looking at trying to fix a fut scar or just happy to try and reduce the redness? How old was the scar that you had? I've had mine for about 4 years so hoping the laser will still work on mine

The doctor's office had suggested 3 treatments originally, but after the first V-Beam treatment the area was significantly less red. I had a second treatment and that all but eliminated it. Haven't had a third treatment yet. Each treatment has been a little over $200. It is not an ongoing thing for traumatized skin; however, people who have rosacea may have multiple treatments throughout their life - but that is not what you're talking about.

My redness was at the front of my hairline where hairs were transplanted into. I had FUE, so I can't comment on a FUT strip scar.

Even so, I don't think the age matters. The redness is a result (as it was explained to me) of traumatized blood vessels near the skin due to surgery. The V-Beam targets the red color in the blood cells, and kind of vaporizes the...I think...capilaries carrying the blood cells. At least that's my non-medical take on it without looking it up. But you can look it up for more info.

But it's commonly used for port wine birthmarks, rosacea, surgical redness; so the age I don't think will matter. Just make sure it's the V-Beam laser and not another laser that removes hair!

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to get vbeam treatments on a donor scar with hair on your head? I understand you'd have to part it out of the way, but would you need to shave head fully? Would lead to some significant time where scar is exposed before hair grows back.