Hair loss concealers in India.

I was checking out the website of a company that sells Toppik in India... and it says there that a 25gm bottle of Toppik costs about $80! icon_eek.gif

I understand that this depends on usage, but how long does a 25gm container of Toppik last on an average?

According to Toppik's brochure, a 10 gm Toppik is supposed to last 30 days. So do the math for a 25 gm pack.

I bought a 2.5 gm travel container from Toppik. I have used it 4 times so far, and I think I can use it another 3 or 4 times before it gets over.

It depends on how much area you want to cover. I just sprinkled a little in my hairline, while I am waiting for my transplated hair to grow.

Is there any "Use within X days after opening" thing with these concealers usually?

Do we have to wash away the concealer on the same day of applying it?

It'd have been great if there was a FAQs thread on concealers.

• 3 weeks later...

TOPPIK AVAILABILITY:

as of now in India, it is not available in any of the retile shops,

there is just one distributer in delhi and the prices he quotes are high compared to ebay.

One more thing is the HT clinics generally stock the concealers like toppik.

I bought it on e-bay.

USABILITY:

1. When I applied toppik for the first time, I thought it is ridiculous and can be detected easily, but forced myself to try it for one day, surprizingly it is undetecable, but you need some amount hair around which it conceals the bald patches.

2. I also happened to get drenched in heavy rains with toppik on my head, though it wears of slighty it is by and large intact.

Hi Ashok,

I have been using Nanogen for the past 2 yrs. I get it from Richfeel for about 1900 for 12g. The basic requirement for a concealer to work is that the scalp should have some hair to hold it. I have been using it for 2 yrs and no one has ever detected it. I have been extremely happy with it however i really want to stop it as I have to shampoo my hair everyday.

Regards,

Sandip

• 3 weeks later...