donor scar

MG

All,

I had a procedure about 10 weeks ago from Dr. Rose @ Shapiro's clinic in MNPLS (2,000 grafts). I had my hair cut pretty short yesterday and noticed my donor scar line is still VERY VISIBLE. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this odd? Or can I expect it to become less & less visible over the next few months?

Thanks.

All,

I had a procedure about 10 weeks ago from Dr. Rose @ Shapiro's clinic in MNPLS (2,000 grafts). I had my hair cut pretty short yesterday and noticed my donor scar line is still VERY VISIBLE. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this odd? Or can I expect it to become less & less visible over the next few months?

Thanks.

I think you'll find that A LOT of people have experienced this. You might have some shock loss around the scar, which makes it even more visible. That's what happened to me. The scar itself was very thin but I had extensive shock loss around it and had to wait 2 to 3 months before seeing significant improvement. Now all the hair has grown back and the scar is hard to find. So be patient, and just don't look at it every day (I know it's hard)!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

MG, this happened to me also. As a matter of fact, it is evident in my "10 weeks" update photos here.

Take a look at that and see if it is similar to your own situation. The shock loss shoud be temporary, as hairworthy stated.

Best of luck to you,

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Guys,

Thank you for your thoughtful remarks. You both know how hard it is to sit and be patient. I have to do my best to focus on NOT looking at my head all the time.

Robert, I looked at your pics and your progress looks great. I suppose it's even going to get better w/ more time.

I'll try and get some pics up after the 5 and 6 month mark.

Thanks again.

MG,

I think you will see noticable improvement in 6 months post-op and it can also take up to one year for the redness to resume the color of your scalp. It can also take that long for numbness and a feeling of a tight scalp to dissipate. Best wishes on healing and growth. Possibly you can post some pics as your new hair grows in. icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

mg, my scar took several months to go away. FINALLY after a scar revision and almost a year, you cant see anything. all of these guys saw my original scar. it wasnt a pretty sight.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Thanks guys. I suppose I should just keep my hair a little longer than usual for a while. I will definitely post some pics after my new hair has grown in... can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it!!