Long hair grafts

It's probably more time consuming and therefore more difficult to really do right - and therefore even more expensive? :confused:

All for a lovely week long fantasy look that will fall out and make the patient even more miserable when Ugly Duckling comes knocking. And the cleaning and scabbing underneath the layers of hair could possibly be compromised and you could increase the risk of pulling out a graft or two or 100. I could go on.

No thanks. YMMV, but I shaved to make a clear runway for landing precious cargo. :)

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I would not discourage you from using this technique if you wish to and feel comfortable with it, but breaking it down to it's basest level - what is the advantage beyond a fleeting 'glimpse ' of the future ?- and not an accurate one I may add! As evidenced by some recent posts of less that desired results, what you will be seeing for 10 days is what 100% growth would look like - and then it's gone and down the road in 6 months what if you get 85% or 95% growth, or God forbid, 60%? Nominally a HT patient would be very happy with 85% but you will be disappointed.

I think that you always want the best doctor and the best chances of success - do you want those few days to really affect your final outcome?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Some clinics do perform long-hair grafts including ASMED in Turkey, but it's mostly for smaller cases where the patient doesn't have the option of long down time, I guess mostly for celebrities and the like where being noticed would have ruining effects. It also comes at an extra cost as mentioned above.

Also for the case of long hair FUE you must be a first timer HT patient, otherwise it makes things very difficult on the clinic from what I've researched. If you've had multiple procedure prior it's not really an option.

Non-shaven recipient is another option to long hair grafts.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I would not discourage you from using this technique if you wish to and feel comfortable with it, but breaking it down to it's basest level - what is the advantage beyond a fleeting 'glimpse ' of the future ?- and not an accurate one I may add! As evidenced by some recent posts of less that desired results, what you will be seeing for 10 days is what 100% growth would look like - and then it's gone and down the road in 6 months what if you get 85% or 95% growth, or God forbid, 60%? Nominally a HT patient would be very happy with 85% but you will be disappointed.

I think that you always want the best doctor and the best chances of success - do you want those few days to really affect your final outcome?

Well, i really dont know how those inicial few days would affect final outcome. In both methods the final outcome will be the same.

In the chapter from the book posted earlier (Hair Transplant 360) he states that, depending on the pacient, at the end of surgery the grafts are pretty much adhered to the sites (fibrin etc), so he can even comb the new hair (gently, no traction). And of course no traction on the first week, i think its not hard to do it.

Anyway, he's located like 10 blocks from my house, highly recommended here, applying this method for 10+ years, i guess ill go for it! Wish me luck :D

Some clinics do perform long-hair grafts including ASMED in Turkey, but it's mostly for smaller cases where the patient doesn't have the option of long down time, I guess mostly for celebrities and the like where being noticed would have ruining effects. It also comes at an extra cost as mentioned above.

Also for the case of long hair FUE you must be a first timer HT patient, otherwise it makes things very difficult on the clinic from what I've researched. If you've had multiple procedure prior it's not really an option.

Non-shaven recipient is another option to long hair grafts.

He'll be performing a FUT and its my first time :eek::eek:

I have a poor donor area, very thin and blond hair, so i think this method could help since i can choose real time: area covered vs density; going for what pleases me most, regarding my donor limitations.

If this is what you want to do and have researched this and feel comfortable with it, go for it. I agree with Voxman in that I don't quite understand what purpose this serves, as the grafts will shed within a few weeks anyway, so it seems like you're just postponing the inevitable. Not only that, but there are risks involved with any procedure and this seems like an easy way to make an already complicated process even more complicated (and therefore, riskier). I'm more concerned with the "poor donor area and very thin hair" part, and I really hope you're in good hands.

Personally, this wouldn't be something I would even consider, but if your mind is made up and this is how you want to go about it, I wish you nothing but the best. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I realy dont get what consists this 'increased risk' you guys talking about :confused::confused:

Is it the possibility of accidentaly pulling out the grafts?

Im glad i can only see advantages (not the price), like long hair covering the post op signals, knowing how your body will accept the new hair (comparing day 1 to day 365), less risk of shock loss etc..

Hope this will work :)

I realy dont get what consists this 'increased risk' you guys talking about :confused::confused:

Is it the possibility of accidentaly pulling out the grafts?

Im glad i can only see advantages (not the price), like long hair covering the post op signals, knowing how your body will accept the new hair (comparing day 1 to day 365), less risk of shock loss etc..

Hope this will work :)

It's riskier because you don't want fragile grafts that need to be treated very delicately immediately following surgery to be attached to long, protruding hairs that could get tugged or pulled in any way and dislodge the grafts. IMO, this would also greatly complicate the hair washing procedure as well and the risks far outweigh any temporary perks you're expecting.

Tbh, unless I'm missing something, I really don't see any upside to doing this at all. Like we mentioned previously, these hairs are most likely going to fall out within a few weeks anyway. You'll get a fleeting, potentially inaccurate sneak peak of what your hair may look like a year down the road. That's it. But if this is what you have your heart set on and you have a doctor willing to do it, then I really hope it works out for you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56