2170 FUs from Dr. Sharon Keene

Guest Vineet

Hello all,

I've been following this website for quite a while now but this is my first post. Basically after reading everything here I decided to drive 700 miles to Shapiro Medical. Thanks all!

I'm 27 and my post operative pic is attached. Got around 2170 FUs by Dr. Keene last Wednesday. Wonderful people, all of them. No pain whatsoever, watched Seinfeld all the time.

Hello all,

I've been following this website for quite a while now but this is my first post. Basically after reading everything here I decided to drive 700 miles to Shapiro Medical. Thanks all!

I'm 27 and my post operative pic is attached. Got around 2170 FUs by Dr. Keene last Wednesday. Wonderful people, all of them. No pain whatsoever, watched Seinfeld all the time.

• 1 year later...

Hey there...My name is Mike and Im 28. I want to go for a consultation about a transplant. im a good lookin guy and Im loosin my hair rapidly..It sucks. I understand you just had the procedure and Im happy for you. im worried about not being a candidate for the surgery. Can you write me back with any candidate information you might have, and maybe tell me about your expierience. Thanks, Mike

mike you are at a great place for advise, why do you feel you may not be a candidate? also post pics of your situation, good quality pics that shows the extent of your hairloss, you will get a lot of good advise. Vineet congrats on your ht. All of the docs with shapiro are great! good luck!!

Vineet's post is dated 12-05-04 and I don't think he's an active poster.

Mike - The best thing for you to do is get a consultation. The majority of these can be done by you emailing pics to a Surgeon then scheduling a time for a consult. There are several recommended Coalition Surgeons you may want to review and consider. Don't let location be the reason you choose one over the other...........many will pay for your airfare and hotel if you get a session with them.

Good luck.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hairbank, Thanks for your reply. I went today for a consultation, and Dr. True in New York told me I have 5,000 donor units. He wants to do 1200 in the front top area, to give me my youthful look again. He said as I start to loose in the top back area, I will need a future transplant. I feel like a weight is lifted off my chest. Im so happy knowing i dont have to go through life bald. Hes charging me 4.25 a graph. I think its a good price and Dr. True is highly reccomended. Im going to do the surgery. What are your thoughts on the surgery, and how did you feel when yours was done? Anyway, I just wanted to share my happiness with someone...Im stoked..Thanks Mike

Mikie, start another thread and let this one fade, the original poster has moved on and its now off topic, sorry to be a downer but i hate everything about the consult you had, i wouldnt go to this Dr. if it was free, and yes ive seen pictures of his work and read some stuff on him, "Youthful appearance" is a tricky phrase i dont like it, to cut you open for 1200 graphs is "illegal" IMO, if i needed anything less than 3000 "to be completely done" i would do FUE, i would get a consult from Hasson & Wong or Shapiro in Mpls., there are many other good Docs but these are my only choices and its just my opinion, unless you decide FUE, im certainly not an expert but my advice is More research and 3 consults at least, good luck

Edited: Please disregard this statement i made, it was irresponsible and a case of mistaken identity

"i wouldnt go to this Dr. if it was free, and yes ive seen pictures of his work and read some stuff on him,"

Originally posted by Mudpuppy:

Mikie, start another thread and let this one fade, the original poster has moved on and its now off topic, sorry to be a downer but i hate everything about the consult you had, i wouldnt go to this Dr. if it was free, and yes ive seen pictures of his work and read some stuff on him, "Youthful appearance" is a tricky phrase i dont like it, to cut you open for 1200 graphs is "illegal" IMO, if i needed anything less than 3000 i would do FUE, i would get a consult from Hasson & Wong or Shapiro in Mpls., there are many other good Docs but these are my only choices and its just my opinion, unless you decide FUE, im certainly not an expert but my advice is More research and 3 consults at least, good luck

Did you do FUE on your 2523 with Shapiro? Because by your standards that surgery should be illegal if it wasn't FUE, for such a "small" number of grafts.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

i Have edited my post to say "Completely done" with 3000, i needed many more to get where i want i have had 2 surgeries and plan for one more most likely with Dr. Hasson, my post was for Mikie, and my point was to cut you open for "1200" should be illegal i had 2523 with Shapiro, anthing else save it im not here to argue with you

i Have edited my post to say "Completely done" with 3000, i needed many more to get where i want i have had 2 surgeries and plan for one more most likely with Dr. Hasson, my post was for Mikie, and my point was to cut you open for "1200" should be illegal i had 2523 with Shapiro, anthing else save it im not here to argue with you

I'm not here to argue with you, either. I just called you out on a ludicrous statement; which is especially ridiculous considering the massive improvement to hairlines that I've seen from pictures, where people got less than 1,000 FUs.

And please spell-check and make some attempt to punctuate.

Thanks

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Ludicrous statement???, no here is an example of a ludicrous statement-

Exact Quote from dhuge67

"The scar on the back of my head would not be a big deal to me. I'd just look like a boxer or something, with the way my physique is."

There are a TON of "ludicrous statements in the link below just check them out for a great laugh, you even insulted Jotronic and said Maybe Dr. Pistone does better work than Hasson & Wong, WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...441017202#1441017202

Take a poll on this board and see who thinks a strip surgery on a virgin head for less than 1200 graphs is not good.

As far as spellcheck and puncuation,

Screw you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, hows that for PUNCTUATION?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ludicrous statement???, no here is an example of a ludicrous statement-

Exact Quote from dhuge67

"The scar on the back of my head would not be a big deal to me. I'd just look like a boxer or something, with the way my physique is."

There are a TON of "ludicrous statements in the link below just check them out for a great laugh, you even insulted Jotronic and said Maybe Dr. Pistone does better work than Hasson & Wong, WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...441017202#1441017202

Take a poll on this board and see who thinks a strip surgery on a virgin head for less than 1200 graphs is not good.

As far as spellcheck and puncuation,

Screw you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, hows that for PUNCTUATION?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I was new at that point and didn't know anything about the resulting scar. And to be honest, I think I held my own in that thread. Also, I came out of surgery without a problem, and my hair hasn't looked as good as it now does since 11th grade.

Have a good day, Mutpuppy.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Guys---- Let's relax a little a bit here, we are getting away from what we are about.

Dhuge---- There is absolutely NO problem with you calling out someone on what they post, but Mud did edit his post to correct his error. I think the comment about spelling and puncuation was little over the top, though.

BOTH of you have a LOT of information to give to the community, especially MUD who has been through 2 sessions with two of the best clinics in the world. Dhuge is giving us excellent feedback on Dr. Pistone, who we knew nothing about (technique/procedure).

I am guilty of this as well at times....... Just trying to keep things level here guys!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

OK, Dhuge67 you threw a jab and i threw a jab, yes you have held your own since that link so lets move on, i did not do a good job of checking my facts before i slammed Dr. True, i stand corrected on him, it was an associate of his that had some bad feedback, i should not have been so harsh, i will edit my post a bit, howevvvveeeerrrr, i still stand behind the statement that Dr. Hasson then Dr. Shapiro are my only choices for surgery and thats just my own thing for my own reasons.

I have no reason to bash Dr. True, it appears there is alot of positive posts on him, my mistake, guess what ill probably make a bunch more also, but if im wrong ill bow down and try to correct it.

Oh and BTW, Mutpuppy should have 2 t's, watch your spelling

"Have a good day, Mutpuppy."[/quote from Dhuge67]