Help - Transplanted area rubbed 5 weeks post-op

Hey everyone,

I had my hair transplant 5 weeks ago and a friend decided to be funny and rub my hair back and forth for 2-3 seconds in the transplanted area since it was short (he doesn't know that I had a HT).

Will this affect my transplanted hair or am I being paranoid? I know that by maximum 2 weeks the grafts are anchored and it would be really hard to affect them.

Any replies or professional advice would be really helpful, thanks

Hey everyone,

I had my hair transplant 5 weeks ago and a friend decided to be funny and rub my hair back and forth for 2-3 seconds in the transplanted area since it was short (he doesn't know that I had a HT).

Will this affect my transplanted hair or am I being paranoid? I know that by maximum 2 weeks the grafts are anchored and it would be really hard to affect them.

Any replies or professional advice would be really helpful, thanks

If you're too careful not to rub the recipient area, that means you're not cleaning it well.

After 10 days , you should be more agressive in the shower rubbing the recipient area using your fingers pads with Shampoo to remove the crusts. If you leave the crust and dead skin , it might slow down the growth.

If you're too careful not to rub the recipient area, that means you're not cleaning it well.

After 10 days , you should be more agressive in the shower rubbing the recipient area using your fingers pads with Shampoo to remove the crusts. If you leave the crust and dead skin , it might slow down the growth.

I started massaging my scalp 10 days post-op and all crusts and scabs were gone by day 13 or 14. I followed the post-op instructions very carefully. I was just worried about a friend rubbing my hair with his hands when it was dry 5 weeks post op but I think it will not have any negative effect at this stage.

What do you think?

I started massaging my scalp 10 days post-op and all crusts and scabs were gone by day 13 or 14. I followed the post-op instructions very carefully. I was just worried about a friend rubbing my hair with his hands when it was dry 5 weeks post op but I think it will not have any negative effect at this stage.

What do you think?

According to Dr Bernstein Grafts are solid after 10 days and plucking hairs won't dislodge grafts. If there was no bleeding, nothing to worry about.