Athletes and propecia??

GaryPim

Hi this is my first post.

I'm an athlete, so my physical fitness is pretty much my world. However, hair loss has hit me hard, and I don't think I can ignore it. I've been thinking about starting propecia, but wanted to see if there are any other athletes or extremely fitness-conscious people here who have been on it a long time.

My main concern is that I hear Dht is responsible for muscle strength, leanness, and high levels of energy.

Are there any athletes/super fit people here who have stayed just as fit and lean on propecia? If so, is there anyone who can shed light on the science behind being able to do this? If dht is so important for these things, how does the body compensate?

Thanks for any info,

Gary

I consider myself pretty athletic, I mean I'm not gonna make it to the majors anytime soon but I've been using propecia for a very long time! Never bothered my workouts at all.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Gary,

I was on Propecia regularly when I was in some of the best shape of my life. I was weighing about 170 and benching about 335, swimming 2 or 3 times a week and competing and had ultra-ripped abs. Propecia stops the conversion of testosterone to DHT by blocking 5-alpha-reductase enzymes. It doesn't kill testosterone. Just so you know :-).

Best wishes,

Bill