HELP! - 1st day back to work after HT

HELP!

I'm going back to work tomorrow exactly 2 weeks after a HT. Recipent areas are undetectable, but my donor scar is still VERY visible because the hair just above and below the scar was shaved off, showing less than 1cm of bare skin (edit - skin is not quite bare, hair shaved down to 0 there for surgery) and the thin red line of the incision. There might be a little shock loss too, not sure yet.

I'm armed with Dermatch and Toppik and I'm hoping no one will be any the wiser tomorrow, but if someone busts me, what should I say:

A. Nothing is different about my hair (Jedi mind trick)

B. I had surgery. Hey, how about this recession?? Crazy, huh?

C. I got into a machete fight. You should see the other guy.

D. I had surgery. <them: Surgery for what?> I had a hair transplant. (optional: Got a problem with that?)

Right now, I'm leaning toward Option D. It's ballsy and honest, but then from henceforth I'm The Guy Who Got A Hair Transplant. Any advice or moral support would be much appreciated.

-Vasilius

I would say you have a benign skin/scalp infection that you're battling through.....it's a real bitch right now, but it's totally non-contagious and it'l clear up progressively over time.

Also, I'd recommend Couvre as the best concealer for the scar.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'd go with Thana's advice. While option D may be both ballsy and noble, you may regret disclosing that information and labeling yourself. There's a useful thread in another section, something to the effect of "Who Knows About Your HT?" The overwhelming conclusion everyone's agreed upon in that discussion is that telling one or two people is really just as good as telling 50.

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, after reading the other thread on this topic I'm not telling anyone. If anyone asks about my hair I'll just say nothing.

My wife dressed the scar up with Dermatch and Toppik, and so far no one seems to have noticed. If I can get through these next 2 weeks I should be home free, as long as there is little or no shock loss. Fingers crossed...thanks again for the advice.

-Vasilius

Vasilius,

Would just like to offer you good luck! Hope that your day goes off problem free.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.