Scalp condition? Can I still have a transplant?

So I have scheduled a FUT with H&W (a bit nervous now after seeing Dutchies, n00b, and BaldPatient2 results!)

And before deciding this I decided to shave my head to make sure I wouldn't have just been happy with a shaved head. Needless to say; I look like a thug with a shaved head, so will definitely go ahead with my HT.

Back to the subject at head

I have had an itchy scalp for about as long as my hair has been falling out (I don't believe this is the cause of my hair loss as it is in the MBP pattern). I assumed it was seborrhoeic dermatitis or dandruff and use several different shampoos to control this itch (rotate between salicylic acid and ketoconzole shampoos and have been for the past 5 years or so). This helps stop the itch for the day I washed my hair and a bit of the day after that; however having my hair really short I can now see the inflammation or whatever it is.

Any of the hair transplant docs able to have a look? I know I could just go to the family doctor but I assumed the hair transplant docs would know better. Thank you so much in advance (I'm worried that the condition may affect the transplant)

IMG_0111.thumb.jpg.83d4d975b949f5f3eaba88562632d860.jpg

I have chronic SD/scalp eczema and also had a procedure with Dr. Hasson previously.

Actually I was first diagnosed with SD at his clinic as I was in denial about my hairloss and scalp condition six years ago.

It is possible to have a successful HT even with your scalp condition, and I've had several including smaller touchups over the years.

The key points are:

(1) Go to a dermatologist to get it under control as much as possible before the procedure if you haven't already

(2) The first ten days post-up you have to protect your grafts like their gold and follow the post-op instructions to the letter. After 10 days the new grafts are basically permanent

(3) Do not use any harsh chemicals on your scalp such as Nizoral etc until your transplanted hair has grown in for a year or more.

If you follow the above you will have good chance of growing new hair despite the condition.

good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)