Long term results of hair transplants.

Greetings all. I'm in my 40's and have been on propecia and rogaine for almost 5 years now. They have been successful in stalling my hair recession, even re-thickened my scalp hair a little, but have noticed some side effects from the drugs over the years and am considering a hair transplant instead. I am concerned though about what the results would look like 10-20 years down the road.

My father is a Norwood 6 or 7, so I presume that's my ultimate destiny. Getting an HT done now will surely generate great results, but won't the rest of the hair around the plugs eventually fall out over the long run, making for an awkwardly bald area in the future, as well as noticeable sporadic plugs? Last thing I want is people to say "I see you got a hair transplant in the past... you can really tell now."

Please consider your answer both if I were to continue or discontinue the hair-loss drugs.

Edited by OttawaJay

OttawaJay,

Any expert hair transplant physician will perform hair transplant surgery and consider both your short-term and long-term goals. For example, I am a Norwood 6 and I have received 9600 grafts over five years. Nobody knows I ever got a hair transplant. But it did take careful planning and that's what you're going to have to discuss with your doctor.

Best wishes,

Bill

... I am a Norwood 6 and I have received 9600 grafts over five years...

Hi Bill. Ultimately my question is what will you look like in another 10+ years as the rest of your naturally located hair falls out, leaving just the transplanted stuff.

Hi Bill. Ultimately my question is what will you look like in another 10+ years as the rest of your naturally located hair falls out, leaving just the transplanted stuff.

Unless his hair genetics are strong otherwise.

Sometimes i think buzzing the hair down would be the best and safer option...

No pills, no meds, no worry, further treatments, costs, risks, just been natural...

If people want to judge or like a person by the amount of hair they have...