The Post Op Buzz Cut Look And Defined Hairline...

So... I just had some additional work done to add more density to the hairline and I am at about 5 days post op.

I have to say... I really like the way my hair looks right now before the shed. I noticed the same thing days after my first procedure.

It looks like a tight buzz cut and the hairline is very pronounced and defined. You can not see a difference in density between the transplanted hair and the native. Of course, there is still some redness and a bit of scabbing at this point.

I never tried cutting my hair this short after my first procedure. I am wondering if after my new hair grows in over the coming months... would it look the same as it does now if I buzz it back down really short?

Or is there something about the hairs before the shed that makes the hairline look so defined days after post opp?

I have read people's comments about "rocking the new buzz cut" and hairline before the shedding kicks in... but I haven't been able to find any threads that discuss the difference between the "post opp buzz look" and the final results 12 - 18 months into the future.

It is not so easy to put into words... Does this make sense?

Edited by Born2Shine
Fix wording

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking maybe in 18 months, after I can gauge the full result and density... Maybe get temporary SMP. If I really like that look... Consider permanent. I would think this would be a good use of SMP to help provide an even more dense look throughout the entire scalp.

Does anyone ever look pretty close to the way they look post op with a short buzz cut? It seems that this is not a very popular look among HT patients.

I think temporary SMP is not a bad idea. In case you do not like look it it will go away with time. There are some issues with SMP and changes in hair color with aging. So make sure you do your due diligence before doing permanent SMP.

Thank you for the reply. I am surprised that more people haven't been talking about this. I have seen many people that would look great with this short buzz look. I think it often looks better like this than when they grow the hair longer.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

I have a really jacked up head so this is not an option for me, but i think overall, the density isn't as good as you think and there is a disparity in native and non native hair. In conjunction with temp SMP, you may be able to get the look that you want. Also,a lot of times, FUE scarring is or at lease a disparity of density in in the donor is evident when it is that short too, so there are a few things working against you on it.

I think that most patients what hair and want to comb it. Getting a $12k procedure and then shaving it off isn't that popular.

However, let us know how it works for you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.