Jiu Jitsu

Hello all,

I have a question that I cannot find a specific answer for... I am going to have an FUT soon and am planning on taking a month off of jiu jitsu training post surgery.

Will this be enough time?

I have been reading everywhere from 1 month to 1 year. I live a very active lifestyle and am willing to make a sacrifice, but feel like 1 year is a little bit excessive..

Thank you all in advance.

• Administrators

I'm assuming you practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you can return at one month, but the chances of your scar stretching is very high, let's say somebody has you in a rear naked choke or a triangle choke, they will be placing so much tension on the scar that I think it's inevitable that it would stretch, personally I think unless you don't care about the scar you should return to BJJ after 1 year just to be on the safe side.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.