First Hair Transplant with Dr. Resul Yaman - 3400 grafts

KLHT

10 minutes ago, Egy said:

@KLHT In my opinion, this could have happened: in the two years following the transplant, you got a decent result, then, as often, indeed, almost always happens, you started to lose your native hair and also several of the transplanted ones (my theory is  what I always repeat and of which I am ultra convinced, transplantation is not for life) until you are reduced to the state in which you are now and you need a new procedure, but remember, even the second one, if you will do it, do not  it will be forever.

If the grafts are taken from the safe zone and it's certain hair loss won't progress beyond that zone then the hairs are DHT resistant and will not fall out. 

However, I have seen at times where hair loss does progress and those hairs won't be safe anymore. 

Having said that I think this is a satisfactory result considering the # of grafts used, area to cover and most likely further loss of native hair.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

@KLHT I may have confused you with another user :) Apologies for recommending this dude. Let me summarize my findings over the past 3 years for you in 3 points without going into all the technicalities that everyone else can cover:

These are the words of Rahal, H&W, Cooley & and Dr K from turkey

1- Most probably we got way less grafts that what they said they did. Yes the other hair fell but the transplanted one if it was in fact 3-4k should cover way more than what it currently does. The Dr should also have planned for future loss when he implanted the hair. Yes you cant predict the hair-loss pattern and yes it wont cover everything but the results should have been much better given the claimed number of grafts. Yaman usually stays between 3-4.5k grafts. For Example H&W proposed a 2-2.5k FUT to fix my hair. Thats half of what Yaman claimed he did and I would trust Dr Wong's words more than Yaman

2- The donor area is so depleted and the extractions are so poorly done, your only hope is an FUT if you want another transplant I have big circles of thinned hair compared to the rest at the back of my head. Its not noticeable ofc but i can see it and i can see the difference. Do NOT go for another FUE, I saw some people on the street with very very thin donor area and its much worse looking than any FUT scar imo. You can maybe fix the scar but you cant fix an entire thinned head

3- I reached out multiple times to the clinic and tried to give the dude all the benefits of all doubts. I am also from a third world country so I am used to terrible service and wasnt expecting a 5 star service but it was really a shitshow. I think Yaman would be an OK dr for low risk NW2-3 cases. Beyond that you need an actual Dr given the limited number of hair left and margin of error one has.

Thats my honest opinion, gathered from consultations i did with Rahal, H&W, Cooley & and Dr K. Once again I am sorry if i inspired you to go but i was blindsided by the forum and other members and good luck

Edited by hyperhair