Is Zigzag or in line pattern, or random pattern better?

Hey,

I saw this question somewhere else, does it make a difference in the results if hairs are inplanted in a line (One directly in front and behind)pattern or a random pattern?

The thread went on to say that more high-quality doctors use a random pattern and the cheaper ones use in line patterns.

Here is a link to the thread.

(Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

What are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by David - Moderator

I've seen some complaints about the grafts looking like they were placed in a 'stadium seating' formation before, so I imagine that some degree of randomness is best.

You'd be better of asking any doctors you consult with about their preferences, though

I would agree with the sentiment that one of the things that separates the top doctors from average/below average doctors is the design of the hairline/placement of the grafts. Hairlines and hair placement are irregular by nature, and a good surgeon is going to be able to replicate this. Otherwise, your hair can come out looking like a barbie doll with all the hairs fitting nicely into a grid, which generally isn't what people are going for. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56