FUE w/ Rahal - 2691 Grafts

GPS3

Hi Everyone,

I had a FUE with Rahal one year ago and wanted to report on my results and hopefully help others considering a procedure.

2691 Total Grafts (612 Single, 1412 Double, 644 Triple, 23 Quad for Approx 5462 Hairs)

I could not be happier with the result, and its honestly one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. You are in great hands with Dr Rahal, along with Mike and his team - to me he has proved why he is one of the best out there.

I was about a Norwood 5A. I wanted to recreate my hair line which was totally gone to frame my face again. Losing hair on the crown doesnt bother me nor will it in the future so we didnt touch the crown. I chose to focus on the frontal 1/3. I chose FUE because I wanted the option of buzzing my head in the future as well. My donor hair is thick and dark brown which is always a plus.

My frontal 1/3 is flawless, and my midscap is thin but better then it was before the procedure. I do have enough for a second FUE if I wanted one in the future he mentioned, but in all honesty for me its perfect just the way it is now, and I think will be for awhile. I use rogaine just before bed and only on the crown to maintain whats left.

The most important advice i can give to people considering a procedure - You need to be realistic in what you want to achieve. Given the amount of loss i had, I just wanted to frame my face, thicken up the front 1/3 and top. The crown is not an issue for me, since many men have a thin-bald crown as they age. But of course it may bother others. You need to ask yourself what works for you.

Lastly, I frequently shave down to a #1 attachment on the back and sides and there is no visible scarring at all. That in itself was worth all the money for FUE (for me anyways)

Pictures are attached. They were taking with a very bright bathroom mirror light.

0 months, 6 months, and 12 months.

Picture of donor area is 11 months after haircut with #1 attachment.

Im here to help anyone with any questions about FUE and Rahal in particular. If you are considering it, talk with the Dr and go for it once your expectations are established - you are in world class hands.

5b32ef124db78_Beforeandafter.thumb.jpg.7037f499af44456237029384e254ae02.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.eebfa7497ab2c5e83f0681e4bcedea0b.jpg

Thanks !!

No ACell was used. I had used the polytopic that was given to me by his team the first couple days. When I returned home I used Polysporin Heal Fast Formula (Black and Gold tube) as I had a cut on my head 5 years or so back, and my doctor at the time told me to apply that constantly and there'd be no scare, and there wasn't back then.

Did the same for my donor area and worked perfectly.

that's really interesting, that an OTC product would have that impact. thanks for sharing that. i really want to go to a doc in a country that can use Acell (i dont think it's allowed in canada or belgium?) given its purported ability to regenerate one third of donor hair. (I wonder if its possible to just buy Acell and apply it yourself after surgery?). But having another tool in the kit like Polysporin Heal Fast Formula is good to know too