How much laxity is enough (FUT)

Hi All,

Having FUT soon, and ive been doing the laxity exercises, but im struggling to get the 15mins twice a day. I dont really enjoy doing it, I find it quite squeamish, but ive been doing it on and off for the last six months since I booked.

If i grab onto a tuft of hair, I can move my scalp up and down quite a bit, id say about 20mm (Thats just over 3/4in)

Is this enough? This time in a week, il be under the knife, (literally as I type this, one week to go)

I think my scalp is probably good enough, but no one will give me an actual figure for how much displacement is actually good enough....

My guess is, there is no solid answer, but obviously I do not want to get all the way there to be told my skin isn't stretchy enough.

Thanks for any help.

It sounds like you have plenty of laxity. I generally don't have patients perform scalp exercises unless they have already had a prior hair transplant procedure. It is the scarring that really decreases the laxity. However, occasionally I do have a patient that has a tight scalp and recommend the scalp exercise even for the first procedure.