Maintaining Hair!!!!!!!

Look into natural dht blockers such as ashwaghanda, rhodiola, horse tail , saw palmetto . Natural herbs that stop the conversion of your testosterone converting into DHT which kills hair follicles.

Edited by Vainism
Spelling herp derp

Of the products you're using, only finasteride can slow the progression of androgenic alopecia and potentially regrow hair. The others may improve hair quality and appearance but do not treat genetic hair loss.

The only other clinically proven hair loss treatment that I would recommend adding to your regimen is Rogaine (minoxidil).

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 11 months later...

Very helpful response from Spex above... I'm taking a few of those already (B, C, biotin, magnesium, & fish oil), & need to get a few more. I love meat.... So no problem with protein :) I've cut down on coffee/caffeine in the past month (down to one cup a day instead of 2 or 3), & just started drinking caffeine regularly last week, which was 2 weeks post op. Would it be better to drink de-caffeinated coffee if I wanna drink more, or drink more decaf instead of caffeinated in general? What about alcohol, just limit how much i drink? I had a couple of beers last night, & the only ones I've had in over a month since my HT 3 weeks ago. I haven't found a definite answer, other than cutting down... & since I'm female, I'm assuming cutting down even more than men do will be better *sniff*. Or does anyone recommend cutting out alcohol for X number of weeks or months? Thanks!

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017

A well balanced diet and finasteride and/or minoxidl are really the only things you can do with any sense of control over your hairloss.

You could also investigate laser light therapy and the many devices on the market that may help, a number of doctors are warming up to their effectiveness now that there has been time to observe them in action.

I know Dr. Gabel, once a sceptic of them, is confident about implementing Capillus products into his practice now.

And I remember when I first met Dr. Gabel that he was very cautious about the legitimacy of the therapy, but time and data has won him over.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016