Is my hair miniaturised?

Your donor looks consistent to me and not miniaturized. But as we know, this is the area (occipital zone) that should be strong and DHT resistant for the most part. There does appear to be some signs of miniaturization in the center of your crown however.

How extensive is your loss and obviously it must be in your frontal zone? Got any pics of the area where you are losing?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for your reply.

It's my hairline that I will need work on and possibly crown.

I've had some online consultations mostly coming in at around 2700-3500 FUE grafts.

However one Dr. said that my donor area looks miniaturised and that its unlikely we will get the desired number of grafts.

Below are pics of my side and top.

Hairline will need work and mid scalp, however there are numerous native hairs.

Notice the hairline outline in the last pic made up by my MSP treatment.

image.jpeg.cea70bf6f357f86346ff063a9e4edeb0.jpeg

The added pics are very helpful to see a lot more detail of your case.

I see that your sides (rims) have considerable diffusion going on along with the frontal zone. You say that you had a SMP session? That was on the sides?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Hi,

No the SMP was just on the top. You can see the hairline outlined in the top of scalp picture.

The sides are just buzzed down with no guard. I was hoping that I could fill in this top section marked out with. FUE grafts from the back. The sides are actually pretty thick once left to grow out, as is the crown.

Agree that there are signs of miniaturization in the center of your crown, no doubt about it, unless you halt hairloss that area will begin to bald pretty soon, that area isnt easy to see in the mirror but everyone seing you from behind will see it all too well. I had a friend who thought his hair was doing great for his age but everyone else knew better. Are you on Fin or Dut to halt hairloss? Your donor area looks good but you will need a halting strategy.

Thanks again for the reply.

On Fin 1mg and Minox now but only recently and hope I have caught it just in time to halt further loss around crown. Fingers crossed my donor area can supply around 3000 grafts for the hairline/scalp and along with the Fin/Minox this area will also heed good results.

I've been looking into a possible FUE transplant but am worried I am doomed from the start. Does my donor area (back of head) look suitable it is it vastly miniaturised hair?

Thanks in advance,

HB.

The donor region has a good supply of hair. A scalp analysis and density check would put your concern at ease. Did you have any in-person consultations yet?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi, HJB1990. Sure thing, customer.care@mywhtc.com is the email address to send your inquiry. Thanks for reaching out to me.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks again for the reply.

On Fin 1mg and Minox now but only recently and hope I have caught it just in time to halt further loss around crown. Fingers crossed my donor area can supply around 3000 grafts for the hairline/scalp and along with the Fin/Minox this area will also heed good results.

IMHO, getting started on the hairloss meds was one of the best if not the best things you have done to date. Low dose finasteride is most effective in the crown area and wish you the best slowing down the diffusion there...;)

Gillenator