Am I balding or is this a hair whorl?

mxb1234

Looks like a hair whorl to me look how the hair around the whorl parts in other directions leaving the whorl exposed.

You have great hair, enjoy it!

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Yeah I agree. Maybe worth taking another pic in six months or so for reassurance but I don't think you've anything to worry about.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Don't mean to be a debbie downer here, but it might be MPB, albeit only (if it in fact is) the very, very beginnings of it. Very front of your hairline looks like it might be a bit miniaturized too. Again though, very early days if it is. You do have great hair, as the first replier mentions. Regardless of whether its MPB or not, if it bothers you, one shake of toppik and the spot is no longer visible. If it is MPB, there's a chance it wouldn't be much in the way of detectable for something like 5 years or so, even without medication.

I'm not sure how you can tell the hairline is miniaturizing from those photos.

It's tough to say whether you've lost any hair or not. If you have it is very minimal. I agree with Pete in that taking photos at regular intervals is the only way to tell if anything is changing. So take some more photos in the same lighting conditions six months from now and compare. In the meantime, don't stress over it!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

mxb1234 welcome to the wild wonderful world of growing old haha. I hope your not losing your hair man but if you are it isn't the end of the world. Take a good look at the hair genetics on both sides of your family that will give you a good idea of whats to come.