2000 grafts unshaved FUE at Advanced Hair Clinic, Athens

patrick1916

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good!! How was month 1-3 for you. Did you notice alot of shock loss? Could people se that u had anything done?

Yeah have to say was a clean job, was happy. I only lost about 20% or so, was lucky. I wore a cap but the back of the head nobody noticed and after a few weeks I wore a concealer and now with that it looks really natural cause it's a load of new hair to cling on to.

But can't wait now for another few months I can ditch that at the front and do the back then :)

Did anyone notice you had anyting done? After 2 weeks? good luck!

No, I used concealer again after two weeks of wearing a cap and was back to normal. If you need about 2000 then unshaved is perfect :)

Since I got in the habit of wearing a cap I'm going to do unshaved for the back part of my head so more can be done.Take a week off work etc and wear a cap until I can use concealer. Wish I had the confidence to just get it done and not care like other but can't lol

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for answer. I'm in the same boat as you..

No problem at all. You can do the unshaved in part like me just do the front and then back. Very few do the unshaved it seems but so far so good for me. I’ll keep the updates coming on a monthly basis :)

Hi patrick1916,

I think the result looks promising so far so hope it will turn out well for you. I have also considered an unshaven FUE Advanced Hair Clinics in Athens after having been in contact with them. Oddly enough there does not seem to be a great deal of reviews and feedback from other patients for this clinic, which of course does not have to be a reason for concern. At least there are no bad reviews from what I can see.

I had a strip surgery done 20 years ago (at the age of 31) which was moderately successful, but I have started losing a bit more hair over the last 5-7 years so I am considering a FUE to gain better density. I really cannot take more than a week off work and do not want anyone to know about the operation for social reasons, so I have some questions for you:

Do you have any pictures post-op 5-7 days by any chance? I am asking as I am trying to determine if it is realistic to return to work after that time without anyone noticing. My hair is reasonably long but there could be swelling and red marks that would still shine through.

I have posted some pictures if anyone else at the forum would like to give their opinion.

I was quoted 3600 Euros based on the pictures I submitted to them which sounds very cheap - well in line with what Turkish clinics would charge, but would appreciate more information about the clinic.

Many thanks in advance

Thoro

20161030_084033.thumb.jpg.3f0687ff98a41cf4162fddb203060e8f.jpg

20170101_223106.thumb.jpg.8735b588edd66fae345632bab78877b3.jpg

20170101_223302.thumb.jpg.a29a27fec1587597207b871c2da615ee.jpg

20161204_213533.thumb.jpg.137678a97d42b7fdc636bcb3ad140496.jpg

Hey Thoro,

I don' have any info on this clinic, but in order to safely transplant into your existing hair which is relatively thick is some places, you're going to need to go with an elite surgeon and one who excels at transplanting into small difficult to work in areas. You might want to search for doctors who perform stick and place (Dr. Konior, Dr, Gabel for example) or at least surgeons who employ proven techniques for performing touch ups/second procedures.

Also the risk of shock loss is there so I'd proceed with caution.

Not sure why this clinic would be your first choice but be careful out there.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thank you for your thoughts and advice, hsrp10, I appreciate it!

And apologies to patrick1916 if I am hijacking the thread - if anyone thinks it is more appropriate to start a new thread, I'd be happy to do so.

I live in the UK so although Dr Konior and Dr Gabel have a stellar reputation, I will probably try to find someone closer (UK/Europe).

I have been in contact with several of the big names in Turkey (for cost reasons); Dr Erdogan, Dr Doganay and Dr Civas, but I am a bit hesitant as the reviews are mixed for these doctors.

And Dr Erdogan would not do an unshaven FUE in my case as he wanted to "correct" previous FUT work and needed to shave my head for this reason.

Dr Anastasios Vekris at the Advanced Hair Clinic in Athens, Greece is a member of ISHRS, which should give at least some credibility and has also posted pre- and post pictures that looked promising.

All this is obviously not a guarantee for a good job so I am indeed proceeding with caution and have even considered contacting one of the Harley Street clinics for their opinion, although I think their price tag will be a bit beyond my budget:

https://www.theprivateclinic.co.uk/treatments/hair-transplant/unshaven-fue-hair-transplant?gclid=CLP9tbbP1tECFewy0wod3xsDYg

Yes, I had a FUT surgery in 1996 as the hairline was receding at the temples. I cannot remember how many grafts that were transplanted (I believe 1000-1500) as my balding was not bad. It is still not bad for a 51 year old, I guess, but once I noticed thinning on the crown I decided I want to do something about it.

I am strangely enough far more cautious today than 20 years ago, probably because I don't want anyone to find out. Back then I had a job where I could take 3 weeks off without a problem so I "went on holiday" for 3 weeks ;)

Thank you for your thoughts and advice, hsrp10, I appreciate it!

And apologies to patrick1916 if I am hijacking the thread - if anyone thinks it is more appropriate to start a new thread, I'd be happy to do so.

I live in the UK so although Dr Konior and Dr Gabel have a stellar reputation, I will probably try to find someone closer (UK/Europe).

I have been in contact with several of the big names in Turkey (for cost reasons); Dr Erdogan, Dr Doganay and Dr Civas, but I am a bit hesitant as the reviews are mixed for these doctors.

And Dr Erdogan would not do an unshaven FUE in my case as he wanted to "correct" previous FUT work and needed to shave my head for this reason.

Dr Anastasios Vekris at the Advanced Hair Clinic in Athens, Greece is a member of ISHRS, which should give at least some credibility and has also posted pre- and post pictures that looked promising.

All this is obviously not a guarantee for a good job so I am indeed proceeding with caution and have even considered contacting one of the Harley Street clinics for their opinion, although I think their price tag will be a bit beyond my budget:

https://www.theprivateclinic.co.uk/treatments/hair-transplant/unshaven-fue-hair-transplant?gclid=CLP9tbbP1tECFewy0wod3xsDYg

Don't forget to give Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Lupanzula in Belgium and Dr. Maras in Cyrpus a look as well.

I think shock loss could be a real concern in your case so look at clinics with past proven results of transplanting into existing hair, not only cases of transplanting into bald areas which is less risky and easier to do.

Btw ASMED said the same exact thing to me lol

Have no idea why they cannot agree to partial shaving (donor and immediate recipient only) when almost all other surgeons can and have no problem doing it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks hsrp10,

I have also been concerned about the possibility of shock loss. Although it is temporary, there is an additional risk of causing permanent damage to existing hair as it is still relatively dense.

I thought I was ready for an operation this spring but the more feedback I get the more I realise I need to do more research and realistically be looking at this autumn instead.

Hi patrick1916,

I think the result looks promising so far so hope it will turn out well for you. I have also considered an unshaven FUE Advanced Hair Clinics in Athens after having been in contact with them. Oddly enough there does not seem to be a great deal of reviews and feedback from other patients for this clinic, which of course does not have to be a reason for concern. At least there are no bad reviews from what I can see.

I had a strip surgery done 20 years ago (at the age of 31) which was moderately successful, but I have started losing a bit more hair over the last 5-7 years so I am considering a FUE to gain better density. I really cannot take more than a week off work and do not want anyone to know about the operation for social reasons, so I have some questions for you:

Do you have any pictures post-op 5-7 days by any chance? I am asking as I am trying to determine if it is realistic to return to work after that time without anyone noticing. My hair is reasonably long but there could be swelling and red marks that would still shine through.

I have posted some pictures if anyone else at the forum would like to give their opinion.

I was quoted 3600 Euros based on the pictures I submitted to them which sounds very cheap - well in line with what Turkish clinics would charge, but would appreciate more information about the clinic.

Many thanks in advance

Thoro

Hi Calibri,

I attached a picture there post-op 11 days after the transplant and the back of my head 2 weeks after the transplant. My other photos on here aren't showing that I didn't use the 'manage attachment' option to download them.

I found them on Facebook and they seemed to get a prestigious aware and I just went for it as I was running out of time. The company with the same name in the UK are advertising now and using celebrities like Darren Gough (Ex-England cricketer). Mine was a clean job so I wore a cap for the first two weeks and used Toppix then as it was a clean enough. I think with the length of your hair if it’s the same as my job you should be okay re people noticing.

I was charged €3000 so I’d haggle if I were you! It’s a nice clinic, around the corner from the hotel you’ll be in so walking distance. You’re from the UK and if you’re like me and not a fan of Greek food there’s a KFC 10 minutes walk away lol I was collected and dropped back to the airport from the hotel and was all smooth. I’d recommend them myself. Any other questions just let me know.

5b32f16fe5fff_11days.jpg.ea2754c028a57d841c7a93fea2436092.jpg

5b32f17004b89_2weeks.thumb.jpg.60d79203f583ec75c2cb2c589a5d9e89.jpg

Hey Patrick,

Strongly considering making the Greece trip from the states based on what I've seen so far online about them. Question: How was communication? I don't speak any other languages besides English. Is the doctor hands on or relies on a great team? Also I'm debating flying back the next day or waiting a couple of days... but I heard that if you wait more than one day that it gives more time for the head to swell and could be painful on a flight.

They seem to have a great deal on big FUE procedures.

Hey Patrick,

Strongly considering making the Greece trip from the states based on what I've seen so far online about them. Question: How was communication? I don't speak any other languages besides English. Is the doctor hands on or relies on a great team? Also I'm debating flying back the next day or waiting a couple of days... but I heard that if you wait more than one day that it gives more time for the head to swell and could be painful on a flight.

They seem to have a great deal on big FUE procedures.

It was fine, everyone speaks English there including the hotel so you'll be fine that way. The doctors have a team, there'll be a couple doing it. You get two nights hotel with the deal and I went home the next day but my flight would be a lot less than yours.

It was the same price shaved or unshaved and they did try and persuade me to do shaved they said they'd get the lot nearly all done in one day which to be honest I appreciate they wanted to be able to do nore. I wasn't having it but now I wish I did as I'm going back later on in the year and am just gonna shave it this time so more can be done.

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your response. I emailed the clinic as I wanted to know more about the procedure and also what they recommend to prevent shock loss. Their response was:

1. We apply the PRP the day of the session

2. We subscribe the use of the minoxidil 5% ten days after the session and every day

Is that something they did for you as well?

I am also curious if you experienced bad swelling on day 3-5 as this would obviously also be noticed?

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your response. I emailed the clinic as I wanted to know more about the procedure and also what they recommend to prevent shock loss. Their response was:

1. We apply the PRP the day of the session

2. We subscribe the use of the minoxidil 5% ten days after the session and every day

Is that something they did for you as well?

I am also curious if you experienced bad swelling on day 3-5 as this would obviously also be noticed?

Yeah, I got PRP at no extra charge and was advised to use minoxidil 5%.I went back the day after and they washed my head also.

I had zero swelling and only a small amount of shock loss. I think that's just more my luck.

They said based on my pics mine's gonna run a 2-day session and require 4500-5000 grafts.. I'm looking at about 6500 Euros. This sounds fair seeing as my crown thinning area is somewhat large. I'm hoping that even with this many grafts I can still catch a flight out on the 3rd day and not be in too much pain. I've done the strip (FUT) before which was a fair amount of pain in the back of my head... I hope this hurts less!

On your flight back did you wear a bandana or hat? Any trouble at security?