Combining Finasteride And Ru: Overkill Or Winning Combo?

TheGman

I just had a FUE hair transplant and now that I've joined the dark side I have to make sure I'm using the best treatments available. I don't want to book another procedure anytime soon and I would love to thicken up the thinning areas around the crown and mid scalp.

Been on fin+ Minox for several years. Never been serious with niz, reluctant to stick with it because of all the sulfate(looking to have straight hair).

I remember DecadeTwo advocating the combination of a systemic and a topical anti-androgen.

It's easy to find the dozen of threads compairing finasteride and RU but how about using both in the hope to see some thickening?

Thank you for your replies.

I think the main concern with RU (apart from the fact getting it and creating the formula is, to my knowledge, technically illegal) is just a lack of genuine data on how well it works and how safe it is, as well as no truly established guideline on how to produce it (i.e. the best solution, concentration etc.).

Most men who try RU are, frankly, men who are probably also using minoxidil, finasteride and often "boosting" that with dutasteride, saw palmetto and various other vitamins and oils. More power to them if they want to do that, but it makes it very hard in most cases to truly know how much benefit RU offers, and it's also potentially damaging to your health too.

Of the few studies/abstracts that have come out, it seems that RU is at best maybe comparable to finasteride. It possibly has a lower side effects profile due to the way it works, but if you're planning on combining the two that wouldn't matter much anyway.

Personally I don't think I'd try it. I've heard nothing to suggest it's seriously unsafe or anything, but I don't much like the thought of concocting my own, not really tested anti-androgen - especially if there wasn't at least seriously good scientific evidence it had a really beneficial impact. The concept of using both is sound but it just doesn't seem practical and nobody really knows about the safety or usage aspects. It seems like an awful lot of work and energy for little more than a hope.

I think the main concern with RU (apart from the fact getting it and creating the formula is, to my knowledge, technically illegal) is just a lack of genuine data on how well it works and how safe it is, as well as no truly established guideline on how to produce it (i.e. the best solution, concentration etc.).

Most men who try RU are, frankly, men who are probably also using minoxidil, finasteride and often "boosting" that with dutasteride, saw palmetto and various other vitamins and oils. More power to them if they want to do that, but it makes it very hard in most cases to truly know how much benefit RU offers, and it's also potentially damaging to your health too.

Of the few studies/abstracts that have come out, it seems that RU is at best maybe comparable to finasteride. It possibly has a lower side effects profile due to the way it works, but if you're planning on combining the two that wouldn't matter much anyway.

Personally I don't think I'd try it. I've heard nothing to suggest it's seriously unsafe or anything, but I don't much like the thought of concocting my own, not really tested anti-androgen - especially if there wasn't at least seriously good scientific evidence it had a really beneficial impact. The concept of using both is sound but it just doesn't seem practical and nobody really knows about the safety or usage aspects. It seems like an awful lot of work and energy for little more than a hope.

The first guys that were using minox also made their own mixture and it was part of the game. RU was not approved because of safety issues with pregnant women I believe. They didn't want to face the lawsuits in case of an impacted baby.

Yes I'm maintaining just fine on FIN and minox, but I just had a hair transplant, so the stakes are higher now, would love to avoid a second one for as long as possible. I'm also planning on injecting some testosterone in the future, so I want to use a topical anti-androgen to compensate.

I don't mind making my own RU I already make my own anti-aging creams and tbh I really enjoy it. Expanding my labarotory to topical anti-androgens is exciting. But of course if it's useless, I won't bother!