Hairs appear to have skipped the dormant phase? Or delayed it?

So as expected my newly implanted FUT hairs began to shed around the 2 week mark. What wasn't expected was the hairs that started to grow in less than 2 weeks later... it's not just one or two either, not loads, but there are quite a few very small hairs just pushing through the surface here and there.

I wasn't expecting any growth for another 2 months at least, is this unusual? I've followed my post op instructions which have included using Keratene shampoos/serums a lot. Is it reasonable for a hair to shed, grow a little again, then shed and enter a dormant phase?

Or perhaps many hairs can be here to stay this early? In which case brilliant, but it might look a bit silly with only some coming in here and there months before the others.

Those new hairs that you are seeing may not be any of the grafts.

When the transplanted hair enters the dormant resting phase, they rest for an average of 3 months before entering a new growth phase.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It could be some hair that did not go dormant but continued on in the growth phase. Eventually they will enter the resting phase for 3-4 months and once again re-enter another cycle.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Much thanks for the responses.

IMAG0011.jpg

Above shows numerous hairs in an area where I definitely never had hair before (they're a good 1-2cm from my hairline).

Now the long ones are obviously hairs which haven't shed and are yet to go dormant as gillenator points out. But there are many which are super short (literally 0.1mm long just poking through the scalp), so either these have shed and left the tip intact, or they've shed and continued to grow through the surface once again.

I definitely haven't shaved or cut these hairs.

Hi, Ambitious6831. Did you take any immediate post-op photos? Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Those new stubbles coming through the scalp definitely look like graft hair because of the fat caliber they show. And as you stated Ambitious, if the area was barren, then they must be grafts that lost their hair but still are in the growth phase and why they are breaking the surface of the scalp.

I think you are going to be pleased with the end result Ambitious and congrats on your procedure...;)

Gillenator