red head

kojac,

The photo you sent looks perfectly normal at one month. I believe you are more concerned about the recipient area (top). I have seen that some patients retain that reddish appearance for a much longer time than others. While typically it resolves at one month, it can linger for up to 6 months or more (it becomes much more subtle over time.) Most of the time it has to do with the patient's complexion. Also, it is very critical to avoid the sun for a few months after surgery as this can also cause redness. Finally, I have seen the early use of minoxidil after surgery cause this as well.

In the end though, the redness will fade over time. It just may take a little longer for you.

kojac,

Everything looks just like I would expect it to for only 1 month. Hair shedding typically occurs between 4 and 6 weeks so you're not out of the woods yet. But maybe you'll get lucky and be one of the rare few who keep their transplanted hair and moves right into the growth phase. I'm pretty sure David, our Associate Publisher experienced that.

Postoperative redness is normal and can last several months depending on the person. Skin color and complexion plays a role in that as well. For example, those with a paler/fairer complexion may experience more redness than someone with darker skin.

And as Dr. Josephitis said, minoxidil or even some medicated shampoos like Nizoral can irritate the scalp somewhat right after surgery causing extended redness. So an prolonged sun exposure which is why it's best to avoid long term sun contact with your scalp.

Best wishes,

Bill

Any preop pics for comparison sakes?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)