About hair building fiber sprays

Hello Guys,

We know that each and every HTs never compete with our actual dream. Somebody gets high densly packed hair, some gets ‘just ok’ level. In that ‘just ok’ level, we can see scalp skin here & there through transplanted hairs because of minimal quantity of hair. Here I’m asking is, why shouldn’t they use hair building fiber sprays or hair Root volumizing sprays to make thick look? Is anyone here using these kind of products ? If yes, please come forward and tell positives and negatives of such products. I never see such products with my eyes. (All I know about is from commercials). Is that ok with open atmosphere ? Please explain.

Hello Guys,

We know that each and every HTs never compete with our actual dream. Somebody gets high densly packed hair, some gets ‘just ok’ level. In that ‘just ok’ level, we can see scalp skin here & there through transplanted hairs because of minimal quantity of hair. Here I’m asking is, why shouldn’t they use hair building fiber sprays or hair Root volumizing sprays to make thick look? Is anyone here using these kind of products ? If yes, please come forward and tell positives and negatives of such products. I never see such products with my eyes. (All I know about is from commercials). Is that ok with open atmosphere ? Please explain.

Are you talking about the use of concealer on hair that is transplanted or just the use of concealer in general?

I use toppik concealer everyday. Without it i would be even more depressed than now

I have used Nanogen concealer extensively. In my opinion it works great, in fact it is addictive it works so well. The negatives are it is relatively expensive and also there may be some health concerns related to breathing the hair fibers on daily basis.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Yes I am talking about some thing like this :- Hair Building Fibers & Thinning Hair Solutions | Toppik

So users please come forward, Is it good and really gives natural look ? Stick fully in our scalp in all weather conditions ? (wind, rain etc). I have a plan to use this after my HT, to compromise with dull areas. Nobody can recognize ? Please give your valuable opinion and views. And please add, how to use it, I saw a locking spray with that. What is that ? How many months we can use 1 normal bottle ?

Yes I am talking about some thing like this :- Hair Building Fibers & Thinning Hair Solutions | Toppik

So users please come forward, Is it good and really gives natural look ? Stick fully in our scalp in all weather conditions ? (wind, rain etc). I have a plan to use this after my HT, to compromise with dull areas. Nobody can recognize ? Please give your valuable opinion and views. And please add, how to use it, I saw a locking spray with that. What is that ? How many months we can use 1 normal bottle ?

Well it Can look really good if applied Right.

Why dont you just try it out? You got nothing to loose really.

Kiran,

I personally don't use concealer however, I know that they weren't very well. After my second hair transplant when my density wasn't that great, I did try using a concealer called DermMatch and for some reason it just didn't look right on me. But I have seen others post pictures of themselves wearing it and it looked completely natural for them. Now, even though I have some mild fitting in the back, I feel confident enough to go without putting anything in my hair. It is perfectly acceptable for people to use concealer as it can make people feel more confident.

Best wishes,

Bill

Kiran,

I've used Nanogen for a few years (I haven't had a HT yet though). These products can be really good at producing a denser look to your hair.

They work best when you have at least some density (so either you haven't lost a lot of hair or you've had a procedure or two). When I first started using Nanogen I had pretty good hair apart from some crown loss and general thinning and the Nanogen looked really natural and worked great. Now, I don't really have a lot of hair, and although the Nanogen is still providing coverage and making my hair look fuller, I have to work harder to make it look natural and the crown and hairline are becoming increasingly difficult to get right. That having been said, I really don't have much density up top now, I reckon it would average out less than 25g/cm2 compared to a transplant, probably less than 15g/cm2 in a few places. A transplant, even on a fairly bald head, will usually be able to give at least 30g/cm2 on average.

As johnny2000 said, you should buy some and try it. You can buy the "locking spray" which helps the fibres stick to your hair and stay there, or you can just use normal hairspray (I don't know which works better but they're similar really).

The fibres will stay in your head in general wind and a bit of light rain, but heavy rain will cause the fibres to clump up a bit or wash out. Again, when I had decent density this wasn't a big problem, but now it's more of an issue. Really and truly the product works best in the crown and mid-scalp to thicken up the look of your hair, it's not so great at the hairline, particularly if your hairline is sparse.

• 2 weeks later...

Nanogen is a great product. The main thing is that it takes time to perfect what works for you. I work in TV and it's so normal for make departments to use it on actors to amazing effect. Sealing is very important and less is more. Make sure it goes on the hair rather then buiding up a residue on your scalp. Fibres are excellent for creating frontal density but I always found for the crown sprays like Mane offer better coverage on the crown.

• 3 months later...
Hello Guys,

I do not advertise because this product unfortunately no longer exists! I tried Mane, Toppik, Russel etc .... but all are dangerous and dry up enormously hair ... I want to test Ha?r Cubed but it is very expensive and many users are not satisfied .. Somebody here has already tested?

all are dangerous

Can you elaborate on this statement?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

When I say "all are dangerous" I wanted above all to talk about the way they destroy the hair ... I often read that their fine particles are dangerous for the lungs but that is not what I wanted to explain ... (excuse me but I write with a translator :-(