Percentage of HT's that Use Concealers?

Sorry to hear it didn't quite work out the first time!

It is fairly normal for a hair transplant to show some scalp - particularly towards the crown and the crown itself.t.

Actually I comb my hair to the back to add more layer to mid scalp and crown, and it shows some more scalp in the front hairline/

I'm Norwood 6

• Moderators
When that very same woman running her hands thru your hair uses make-up herself? You are "not interested in being fake" but do you date women that wear makeup? Is it "fake" when the vast majority of women put on make-up every day before work or before you pick them up for a date? I've always found it kind of ironic that the "fairer sex" are the ones that feel the need to cover their faces in war-paint make-up and bling jewelry. Certainly if you do not wish to wear concealer or fibers like Nanogen you shouldn't do it, but to slight those that do seems rather odd, when really we all in some ways try to cover our liabilities and expose our strengths.

Shampoo, I don't disagree with you. Women get away with it because somehow they are "supposed" to do those things, but they feel men aren't. I don't think it's as bad these days as it was 25 to 30 years ago. Today women are more accepting of men doing something to enhance their appearance and some of them even encourage it now. It wasn't like that before. I also wasn't trying to put anyone down who uses concealer. If it works for you and makes you feel better about yourself when you go out then go for it. I am just surprised that a lot of guys seem to be trying concealer these days. I do think though that some men who simply don't have enough hair for it are fooling themselves thinking it's not detectable.

What I was trying to say that for some reason on these boards there seems to be a feeling of just put on some concealer to fill in the thinning and that is somehow supposed to make you ok for a few years. Maybe that works for some, but it doesn't for others.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.