Worried about the future

Hi!

Im a 30 year old man that have done two FUE hair transplants. First one was 4 years ago , 2000 grafts of densepacking to fix my receding hair line. the second one not to long ago , 1000 grafts of dense packing to lower the hair line and 500 grafts to fil out the crown some.

I think i have between 500-1000 grafts left in my donor.

The results are stunning and im very pleased with the outcome. i have a full head of hair and it looks great.

I know the risks of dense packing and my thought was that if i have a good hairline i will pull the short/shaved look of better if im loosing hair behing the transplanted hair or more overall. For me the hairline makes or brakes the shaved look.

The thing is that i dont actually know how it will look if im thining or loosing the hair behind the transplanted hair if im shaved?

I have no hair loss today and im really healthy, im fighting hair loss naturally with home made jucies and other supplements. Im not in the other stuff because of the side effects.

So what are my options worst case scenario? Can a repair be in order in the future? is a repair even possible for someone that have done a dense pack HT?

are there any pictures of patients that have have loost hair behind the transplanted hair?

Thank you!

Hi!

Im a 30 year old man that have done two FUE hair transplants. First one was 4 years ago , 2000 grafts of densepacking to fix my receding hair line. the second one not to long ago , 1000 grafts of dense packing to lower the hair line and 500 grafts to fil out the crown some.

I think i have between 500-1000 grafts left in my donor.

The results are stunning and im very pleased with the outcome. i have a full head of hair and it looks great.

I know the risks of dense packing and my thought was that if i have a good hairline i will pull the short/shaved look of better if im loosing hair behing the transplanted hair or more overall. For me the hairline makes or brakes the shaved look.

The thing is that i dont actually know how it will look if im thining or loosing the hair behind the transplanted hair if im shaved?

I have no hair loss today and im really healthy, im fighting hair loss naturally with home made jucies and other supplements. Im not in the other stuff because of the side effects.

So what are my options worst case scenario? Can a repair be in order in the future? is a repair even possible for someone that have done a dense pack HT?

are there any pictures of patients that have have loost hair behind the transplanted hair?

Thank you!

Look up zinedine Zidane

He allways had a Low hairline and was balding in the back

He didnt gave a HT as far as i know but he had that Strange pattern of hairloss as you describe.

BTW who did you HT? Can we see some pictures?

Without seeing some photos it would be difficult to give you advice on whether or not we think you are standing behind her transplant. But I'd be kind of surprised that if you've only had 3000 grafts that you only have about 500 to 1000 left. Most people have more in there donor supply.

Also, if you're not using hair loss medication such as Propecia or Rogaine, I suggest considering it because that will help with the risk of future hair loss. Depending on your age and family history, you may not lose that much additional hair. But if you do, and you don't have that much available donor, worst case scenario you consider a hairpiece behind hairline. Best case scenario, you start using hair loss treatments now and have a good chance of saving your existing hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

As Bill said, you may want to reconsider Propecia. I understand completely wanting to go the all natural route, but if this is something that you're seriously concerned about, Propecia is going to be your best bet. The side effects sound terrifying, but I personally believe the reports of negative side effects are inflated and often psychologically produced. That's not to say they don't exist, but probably not to the extent that many anti-medication users believe.

Another thing you can do is meet with a HT surgeon to have the miniaturization levels of your hair tested, primarily focusing on the midsection and crown. The surgeon will be able to get a pretty good idea of how much your hair is thinning in those areas and what the future may have in store for you. This, combined with your family history, will paint a more complete picture for you so that you can plan accordingly - and hopefully stop the stress and worry. :)

Last thing - I would also be shocked if you only have 500-1000 grafts left in your reserve. You're most likely underestimating that, if that's any comfort to you.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thank you for the answer guys. I did my hair at Kesers the results are great. I have really thick hair all around atm and not experiencing any hair loss. Looking at my family my mother and grandmother have good hair as does my sister and little brother.

My uncles from both sides have all suffered from different types of hair loss, 4 of them have had hair transplants in there early 40s and look good now. So looking at my close family no one has a full head of thick hair on the male side naturally.

Im just worried i will be "top heavy" in the future with thinning behind the dense packing. I will think about getting on Propecia. at least try it out, maybe im lucky and wont suffer any side effects.

Question. is it possible to do a repair in the future if necessary? Can you replace transplanted hair from the top/front to spread it out over the head if needed?

Thank you for the answer guys. I did my hair at Kesers the results are great. I have really thick hair all around atm and not experiencing any hair loss. Looking at my family my mother and grandmother have good hair as does my sister and little brother.

My uncles from both sides have all suffered from different types of hair loss, 4 of them have had hair transplants in there early 40s and look good now. So looking at my close family no one has a full head of thick hair on the male side naturally.

Im just worried i will be "top heavy" in the future with thinning behind the dense packing. I will think about getting on Propecia. at least try it out, maybe im lucky and wont suffer any side effects.

Question. is it possible to do a repair in the future if necessary? Can you replace transplanted hair from the top/front to spread it out over the head if needed?

A couple things: I would venture to say that not suffering from side effects is more normal than it is "lucky" - and that those that do suffer sides are particularly "unlucky". A good piece of advice if you begin to take it is to not overthink it. Just take it as part of your routine, as if you're just taking a daily vitamin/supplement. The placebo effect is real and often times just the fear of getting sides can trick your body into developing (or to believe you're developing) sides. The mind is very powerful, so try to leave it out of the equation altogether.

As for replanting previously transplanted grafts - I've personally never heard of this being done and can't speak for certain about it. First of all, I would say this would be a last resort and only to even be considered under very rare circumstances. Ideally, your surgeon has taken into account your projected hair loss, number of grafts in your reserve, etc. so that this would never be an issue.

As for the mechanics of it all, I don't know if this is something that would even be a viable option anyway. My concern would be if it's a good idea to even put those grafts under additional stress after already having been transplanted once. I dunno. Maybe a surgeon can chime in with a more definitive answer for you. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56