Help me to get rid of my anxiety

Hi everyone,

I am 28 and started to bald at 22. As of now, I have a slightly thinning crown with a pretty good hairline.I currently use minoxidil 5% once a day which almost does nothing. Despite knowing how MPB progresses, I have not been able to start propecia because I am suffering from an undiagonosed chronic pain nuerological condition and hence still not getting on propecia(Ofcourse fear of propecia side effects is also there and it applies much more to me given my health condition).

Now the thing is that I am letting go of my crown as I believe that at some point I will get a hair transplant and then get on propecia.When I look at results of Dr koray and keller, it seems transplant can do a great job.I have seen people with bald crown being transplanted by these doctors with amazing results to the point that one might not need to ever get on propecia , specially with new treatments in the pipeline, yet from time time to time I read warnings from doctors for transplanting crown at this age.How does one go about HT when he is young and has a thinned out crown with good front(Obviously front would also progress).Am I wrong to think that HT is the way to go once I loose crown?

Please help and suggest as I am loosing hair fast.Thanks,

IMO, taking finasteride gives you the biggest chance of keeping that crown. If your doctor advised against taking fin considering your medical condition, please stay away from it. If you haven't checked with your doctor yet, please do that asap. The worst mistake I did was not taking finasteride sooner. I have absolutely no side effects so far (8 months in).

You are not wrong in thinking that an HT can help you if your crown goes bald but why not prevent it from happening in the first place? It's like having a car and wondering if a good body shop will fix it if you decide to let go of the wheel and let it careen into a wall. Don't let go of the wheel and you won't have to find out. Once the car is fixed it is never as good as it was before an accident. Same thing goes for hair restoration. Once your crown goes no hair transplant can restore it completely and without medication it will most likely just get worse.

Eliminate all possible options for keeping what you have first before you rely on surgery to give you back what you once had.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Get a Hairmax laser comb and follow the instructions does about the same thing as the Fin for me, also keep using the minox.

I also heard there are topical DHT blockers, don't know much about. All this said wish I would have started the Fin earlier. No sides for me.