Hi i am new here . But i wanted to say my 2 cents hope you don't mind.

I am a 37 year old man who has been dealing with hair loss since i have been in my early 20's. Though i am not totally bald i have a lot of hair loss in my crown area. Like many of you i have tried everything that has come along over the years and nothing works. Hair loss has basically destroyed my life . I am a highy gifted guitar player who over the years i have been offerd abput a dozen or so recording contracts. My dream really , but my hair loss and the way i look have kept me from going after this dream of mine. Ilive in southern florida and everyone here seems to look good and have really nice hair but me. My hair loss keeps me from going out much i dont go anywhere and i hate to be around a lot of others. Ifeel like less then them i dont talk much and basically live the life of a hermit .

Like you i keep hoping tommrow will bring us something that works but it never does. I have spent so much money on things that dont work drugs inculded. That i have almost spent all my savings . I live a very modest life and dont make much money at all . Hair transplant would be ideal for all of us sure but who can afford it? I cant probaly never will be able to . Like many of you i was laid off from my job of 19 years this year ,then i developed an issue with my feet going numb . Come to find i have some sort of neroutphy that of course they can't find out why.

For guys who don't have it you have no idea what hair loss does to a person . I find it hard everyday to even smile beacuse when i look in the mirror i hate what i see. And everyday its the same thing and it sucks.

Like many of you i try to keep hope going but let's face it a cure? Probaly not in our life time and if so only the elite will be able to afford it . I have bascialy let hair loss ruin my life and as much as i say i do not care i do. I dont feel right about it /No wigs please that isnt for me but i have though about it as the only option but i never made a move that way . I am stuck in this hair loss limbo where nothing seems to ever really work no matter how many b.s. studys proved it did .

We just seem to be running in the same path over and over every year dont we?

I have pretty much had it with all this i dont know what else to say about it .

Thanks for letting me vent for the first time in my life .

Since you never had any HT's...That means you have no scars on your head...My advice, shave it all off, you will feel liberated...and who knows, you might even like it...At 35 you shouldn't be thinking the way you do....your not a kid, you have probably been around the block a few times....There are much worse things in life than hairloss...beleive me...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

You should definitely try shaving your head, you will probably look fine. Think about all these guys with shaved heads that look great, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Andre Agassi, Kelly Pavlik(boxer). If anything it's not really what you will look like it just might help take your mind off of it. Besides at 35 I would bet about 35% of men have some form of hair loss.

I'm sincerely sorry for your situation. I am 35 and had 2 Ht's and while I'm only 3.5 months post op from my second procedure, a HT was the worst decision of my life to date. I just wanted to let you know if you think things could not get worse--they could. I know how it is to feel insecure about hair loss, but if I were you, I would rather look a little old from hair loss than have an artificial look going on. Trust me, I get a lot more double looks now that I had a HT then I did before. And not in a positive manner. While I hope my situation changes in a couple of months, for now, I would not even think of another Ht. I will keep you informed in the near future. Shave it for now, at best, a HT is going to consume a minimum of 8 months before it will look natural==and that is not even guarenteed.

I am a 37 year old man who has been dealing with hair loss since i have been in my early 20's. Though i am not totally bald i have a lot of hair loss in my crown area. Like many of you i have tried everything that has come along over the years and nothing works. Hair loss has basically destroyed my life . I am a highy gifted guitar player who over the years i have been offerd abput a dozen or so recording contracts. My dream really , but my hair loss and the way i look have kept me from going after this dream of mine. Ilive in southern florida and everyone here seems to look good and have really nice hair but me. My hair loss keeps me from going out much i dont go anywhere and i hate to be around a lot of others. Ifeel like less then them i dont talk much and basically live the life of a hermit .

Like you i keep hoping tommrow will bring us something that works but it never does. I have spent so much money on things that dont work drugs inculded. That i have almost spent all my savings . I live a very modest life and dont make much money at all . Hair transplant would be ideal for all of us sure but who can afford it? I cant probaly never will be able to . Like many of you i was laid off from my job of 19 years this year ,then i developed an issue with my feet going numb . Come to find i have some sort of neroutphy that of course they can't find out why.

For guys who don't have it you have no idea what hair loss does to a person . I find it hard everyday to even smile beacuse when i look in the mirror i hate what i see. And everyday its the same thing and it sucks.

Like many of you i try to keep hope going but let's face it a cure? Probaly not in our life time and if so only the elite will be able to afford it . I have bascialy let hair loss ruin my life and as much as i say i do not care i do. I dont feel right about it /No wigs please that isnt for me but i have though about it as the only option but i never made a move that way . I am stuck in this hair loss limbo where nothing seems to ever really work no matter how many b.s. studys proved it did .

We just seem to be running in the same path over and over every year dont we?

I have pretty much had it with all this i dont know what else to say about it .

Thanks for letting me vent for the first time in my life .

I'm sincerely sorry for your situation. I am 35 and had 2 Ht's and while I'm only 3.5 months post op from my second procedure, a HT was the worst decision of my life to date. I just wanted to let you know if you think things could not get worse--they could. I know how it is to feel insecure about hair loss, but if I were you, I would rather look a little old from hair loss than have an artificial look going on. Trust me, I get a lot more double looks now that I had a HT then I did before. And not in a positive manner. While I hope my situation changes in a couple of months, for now, I would not even think of another Ht. I will keep you informed in the near future. Shave it for now, at best, a HT is going to consume a minimum of 8 months before it will look natural==and that is not even guarenteed.

I truly hope your situation improves. At only 3.5 months you do not really know how it is going to turn out.

I will say, though, you are correct about one thing, and I have said this about two million times in the year or so since I have been occasionally posting on this board. And that is that a bad HT will make baldness seem like a blissful dream. People who are overly self concious about baldness will NOT fare well with what you call the 'artificial look' going on. It is a nightmare that can destroy a person.

Having said that, though, Mr.Malloy, you are still too early to really judge. Could you provide more details on your specific concerns? You are smack in the ugly duckling phase, so your situation will likely improve considerably.

Regards, Stimpy

One of the really anooying parts of it its the unusaul pattern of wich it seems to have taken. My hair loss is mostly just in the crown area on the very top of my head . It doesnt seem to get much worse over the years that i can tell . So things like toppik dont work for me as there is not much hair to blend it in there . I am not asking for a full head of hair just would like to fill in sopmewhat that area .

I want to give avodart a try but i havent seen enough good results with it from anyone to justify trying it.

Im sure i still have a lot more hair than most and you might say its not that bad wich i would agree but its the shape in wich it has fallen out that makes it look so strange .

There is a place near me that offers Corrective Hair Implants does any one happen to know what this is? from the way they make it seem as this is attaced to ur scalp with out the need for a system i was wondering if something like this might be good for me just to fill in the area but they are very fage about exactly what this is.

Corrective Hair Implants

Hey Stimpy,

Yes, I do understand that 3.5 months is extremely early to evaluate my final result; however, I've been dealing with issues from my first HT from June of 08. The reason I'm so concerned though at 3.5 months is because I am seeing absoulutely nothing that hints at growth: pimples, etc... Anyway, my second HT was with a coalation doc with many accolades. So, I'm crossing my fingers and praying for the best. Unfortunately, at this time, I could not even recomend a HT to my worst enemy.

Hey Stimpy,

Yes, I do understand that 3.5 months is extremely early to evaluate my final result; however, I've been dealing with issues from my first HT from June of 08. The reason I'm so concerned though at 3.5 months is because I am seeing absoulutely nothing that hints at growth: pimples, etc... Anyway, my second HT was with a coalation doc with many accolades. So, I'm crossing my fingers and praying for the best. Unfortunately, at this time, I could not even recomend a HT to my worst enemy.

Hope all works out. Yes, there are a lot of us who were bamboozled and had bad work done. I was a victim of Bosley in the early 90's. While I was not as bad as many on here, when my native hair receded and those blasted mini's became apparent, it made for some trying times. I understand where you are coming from.

Stimpy

There is a place near me that offers Corrective Hair Implants does any one happen to know what this is? from the way they make it seem as this is attaced to ur scalp with out the need for a system i was wondering if something like this might be good for me just to fill in the area but they are very fage about exactly what this is.

Beware. Beware. Beware.

This just sounds like a gimicky way of saying HT. Do yourself a favor, and if you are going to go the HT route, go with somebody who is established as being good. Don't go with the local gimicky place. It will make your situation worse. As J. Malloy said, you will have that 'artificial look' going on. Baldness will seem like a blissful dream.

Regards, Stimpy

yeah i know what u mean i have been trying to find out what this thing is. But i dont see anything online about it and of course when i call there no info i get the" you have to come in" I was wondering if this is just simply attching starnds of hair to ur scalp with out having to get a whole hair system . But when i look at the site they options for care credit why would you need that if it isnt surgical werid huh?

Guitar

Screw the wigs! That is a short term band aid to a long term problem and VERY costly ( looks like crap too) if you are a musician you have even more reason to shave your head. If you cannot afford a HT or meds then accept the situation ( for now) and work towards a plan for getting your hair back in the long term.

Musicians are famous for being outgoing and flamboyant!!!

P.S. I think it is more than 35% who experience hairloss by age 35.. Everyone in my office is experiencing MPB and they are 35 plus ( except me of course)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

If you only need to have hair for your music career, a wig might be a good option, no? You can take it off when you aren't performing or shooting a video. I don't think John Travolta or William Shatner wear their wigs all the time.