Recipient tingling after exercise

Hey guys,

So yesterday, at two weeks post-fue, I did my first exercise. It was pretty intense, but my doc says it's fine at 10 days post-op (so I waited 14 days rather than 10 to be extra cautious). My recipient was tingling like crazy, but stopped after my heart rate calmed down. No visible sign of an problem in the recipient (no blood or anything).

Is this is a sign of some problem? I've read many threads on this forum, and to be honest I get a confusing picture. Some talk of blood flow to the head. If this increases after exercise, is this what makes the tingling, and is the singling a sign the grafts are in trouble? I also experienced a similar tingling after sex, which the clinic told me to avoid just for the first night....so there does appear to be a correlation between heart racing (exercise/sex) and recipient tingling. Any thoughts? My concern is I'm causing some damage. But if it's normal then I'll carry on....

Thanks guys

It is normal to be concerned but it is a normal sensation at this early stage of the process. Your head will be sensitive but no harm will have been caused.

Dr Scott Alexander

I agree...at two weeks post-op there is till a fair amount of inflammation and a whole lot of healing taking place.

This sensation will subside and you will see or should I say "feel" improvement in the coming weeks...;)

Congrats on your recent procedure!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY