Beta Blockers seem like they are devastating as far as causing hair loss

Why the heck are they so associated with hair loss? Is there anything similar I could take that wouldn't cause it such as a calcium channel blocker or an ACE inhibitor? The beta blockers are strictly for anxiety and I took an extremely small dose so I wouldn't be doing any damage to some kind of condition by changing.

What do you guys think?

Propranolol ruined me. I have no history of familial hair loss, yet I started to lose my hair drastically after beginning the drug to deal with anxiety. I took several times a week for close to a year. Stay away from that shit.

The best thing to do is to get more opinions from those physicians who specialize in that field of medicine.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Propranolol ruined me. I have no history of familial hair loss, yet I started to lose my hair drastically after beginning the drug to deal with anxiety. I took several times a week for close to a year. Stay away from that shit.

no shit I took that for migraines and I'm sure it speeded up my hair loss.