Finasteride propecia and reults

ydahman

Hi everyone. I have been taking 1mg Finasteride for a year now and I hardly noticed any positive results. My hair loss didnt stop and I dont see any growth in hair in my balding areas of my head. I think I am norwood 4 but I feel like I lost a lot in the past two years. Every time I take a shower I lose around 200 hairs and Finasteride hasnt shown any slowness in my hair loss.

I am taking Finasteride 1mg made by Accord pharmaceutical I buy from CVS Pharmacy. Anyone can provide feedback or if I should stop taking the pills at this point?

Thanks.

I one have never tried Finasteride but there's a friend of mine who did used it and he said that it is extremely helpful and the only side effect is the ydahman's vice versa that his libido is low now... but he seem to get some effects with his hair loss. not sure if this would work for all that way, but I am thinking about trying Finasteride myself.

It might be worth trying another make / supplier...

You maybe at an age where hair loss is aggressive / most so the fin might be helping to slow it down. You could stop and see it might get worse.

Remember Fin 1mg is Fda approved to halt and in some cases regrow hair.

They say fin works well with minox and there are other non surgical treatments but these 2 are the main ones.

I'm giving these a go, i think 1 year is enough time to evaluate results, sides and costs are always a concern, good luck!

Its stabilized my hair loss amazingly. Ive been taking it for 10 years. I'm guessing I would be a NW 5 by now (I'm a NW 3 today).

I would say give it a bit more time. Try another 6 months. See what happens. I remember some shedding periods, but in the long run it really helped.

Those of you who its working for you, do you wash your head every day? Do you notice a lot of hair falling in the shower? Have you experienced any sides from taking the pills? MAGNUMpi how has your experience been as far as hair falling in shower and side effects?

What brand Finasteride are you taking or is it the original propecia brand? Thanks

I use some generic brand. I've tried a few different ones. They all seem to do the same thing. I wash my hair every day. I think I remember in the beginning thinking there was some shedding going on but that stopped and then things got much thicker and my hairloss stabilized. Basically wherever you are now, you're gonna stay there for much longer (years) and probably get some growth.

My family history would have me at a nw6 right now, but I was a nw3 before my HT with Rahal 4 months ago.

No side effects, and I've been taking propecia for about 17 yrs now. Propecia, then generic finasteride when it was made available. For me, generic vs. name brand has been no different.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)