Skin cobbled post op - is this normal

I recently had a hair transplant - now 19 days post op.

Here is my thread;

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183575-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-istanbul-3206-grafts-may-20th-2016-a.html

As I start to shed, the skin in the recipient area over the past few days has begun to change- it is starting to become raised and cobbled. The skin itself looks and feels the same way scars do - rubbery.

The area has become tighter and a little more numb in places that I was regaining sensation.

I have sent photos to Asmed who was quick to dismiss any issues and said this was normal.

I know that the skin can sometimes get pimples post op but this to me looks different and I worry that maybe there is scar tissue build up under the skin? I have been taking MSM and Biotin to help increase my collagen but I read that an increase in collagen can increase scar tissue after surgeries.

Should I be worried or is this normal and I am over reacting?

IMG_8608.thumb.jpg.f4c5541ea5f01cc9714fcc28df4e0981.jpg

IMG_8593.thumb.jpg.2c575ee2ba535f1511a2b2dc433b47c0.jpg

IMG_8595.thumb.jpg.63d44a78889b2655849f1ab61aea6401.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you. Unfortunately, it looks like this is common with older or poor technique.

All scars will improve with time, but we'll have to intervene if we want to see any noticeable results...

Hi Flynn

Give it some time, mine has gone away.

My area is starting to look a lot better, but I am having a consult with a local HT surgeon today just to get a check up and make sure everything is on track.

All the best mate.

I took a closer look at the photos and there is a fair amount of inflammation going on.

Try using a good quality aloe vera cream and use it several times per day which will help greatly.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Gillenator

Thanks for the reply.

You were spot on! It was inflammation and slight infection.

I have rather thick skin and was holding on to the dead hairs when they should be shedding.

The body's response to this is inflammation.

I was prescribed Doxycycline antibiotics and DermAid 1% topical cream by the local HT surgeon. This was confirmed by Dr Koray of Asmed my HT surgeon.

Basically cleared up over night and is looking just as it should now.

Thanks again and appreciate your response.

Hi Gillenator

Thanks for the reply.

You were spot on! It was inflammation and slight infection.

I have rather thick skin and was holding on to the dead hairs when they should be shedding.

The body's response to this is inflammation.

I was prescribed Doxycycline antibiotics and DermAid 1% topical cream by the local HT surgeon. This was confirmed by Dr Koray of Asmed my HT surgeon.

Basically cleared up over night and is looking just as it should now.

Thanks again and appreciate your response.

Quasi,

You're very welcome and so glad to hear that things are cleared up.

Now, the best is yet to come, the regrowth!...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY