Youthful hairline

I've looked at many cases on this site (thank you for fantastic information!) searching for a surgeon with good results in cases similar to my own. I am a NW3 probably, with a bit of an island going in the front. The island itself has not separated itself from the main land yet but, especially when the hair is wet, one can see how things are going.

I am a fond user of LLLT and together with ImmortalHairs regime I can now say that I do not lose any more hair and havn't done so since the summer or so. In the shower I do not need to pick up hairs anymore and the hair I do lose (I have a habit of dragging my hands through my hair, pulling it, in order to see if anything comes out) most often comes from the neck. My crown is fully intact and I do have very thick hair. But not in the front obviously

So now I want to do a hair transplant in order to restore my front. That's how I ended up on this fantastic site!

My ambition is to establish a quite youthful hairline. I'm confident I have gotten a hold of my hair loss and I feel safe with restoring this part of my head. When I look at cases here I can clearly see that different surgeons have different specialties. I must say that dr Rahal is the one who I think achieves the best-looking youthful hairlines. I'm a bit worried though about two things about him 1 I think he uses quite much more grafts than other surgeons (but then again he does quit aggressive hairlines) and 2 there is little documentation of the donor scar on his pictures. H%W is another favorite of mine, I do think though they go for more senior, mature hairlines. Have not seen as many good looking youthful results as with dr Rahal. One the plus side they deliver the best donor scars in the business, in my opinion. Then there's Feller, Shapiros and so on.

My question for you, more senior forum friends, is whom would you suggest I should turn to?

Thank you for reading this far.

I think it's fair (not to mention stating the obvious) to say that the more thorough restorations will always consume the most grafts, but patient characteristics also come into play. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much can be done with so few grafts.

Would you like to see some examples of healed trichophytic closures performed by Dr. Rahal? I agree that there seem to be less examples in recent patient photo assortments, but that seems to be a trend lately for most doctors on here. Could people be taking scars for granted? I think those of us who have been around for a while will remember when Dr Rahal's strip scars came under scrutiny and were judged as some of the best. (Probably during the great trichophytic closure boom of '07, or maybe that was '06). I shall try and find some examples for you so you can decide for yourself.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I would have to agree with your statements by and large Pharma. However, I would add one caveat and that is that I have seen youthful hairline restorations from H and W, but have not seen any examples of more mature Rahal patients. I don't know whether it's a selection bias, that only the youthful post on here from Rahal, or it's more his actual patient population. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen a single grey hair on any Rahal patients whatsoever! Regarding who to go to, H&W vs. Rahal-how can one possibly decide? It's like literally "splitting hairs!!" No pun intended. Then remember, if you go H&W you still then must decide amongst the doctors. You cannot lose going to any of those three-I am deciding amongst them myself at this point icon_smile.gif

Pharma, overall, I agree with your assessment.

IMO, Drs. Shapiro and Dr. Rahal provide the most "youthful" hairlines. I have also seen a few "youthful" hairlines from Dr. Feller. I agree with you that H&W mostly has relatively more mature hairlines, which btw might make sense since most of their patients are quite high on the NW scale.

Going for a youthful vs. a more mature hairline is a matter of personal taste and long-term goals. I personally prefer the youthful hairlines, but a vast number of HT patients seem to prefer a more mature hairline.

Personally I think a mature hairline is far more expedient as one continues to age. I agree that most H&W patients are high on the Norwood scale, though I think they are aggressive, especially on patients lower in the Norwood scale. Cheers

Pharma,

I think you should revise your views on this:

My ambition is to establish a quite youthful hairline.

As to the request for a surgeon, all Coalition surgeons are good.

take care...

mattj,

Those Rahal tricho closure pics would be very much welcomed by myself also if at possible.

Thanks in advance!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com