Topical or Oral Finasteride?

azaya

So I have finally decided to take the plunge and get on finasteride,

BUT

I am in a dilemma.

It's between the Topical Finasteride and the Oral treatment.

I'm not so sure which one to take!

Ideally I would much rather go for the topical solution only because of the negative reviews read on the oral treatment. I mean if applied the sides won't be as bad as ingesting the tablet orally right?

Certainly when it comes down to family planning, you wouldn't have to get off it?

The topical Finasteride i would like to go for is provided by Farmacia Parati in Italy, as it is also recommended by Hasson & Wong.

Unfortunately since I haven't been able to find a doctor in the Uk who can authorise this prescription, a shipment cannot be made.

So meanwhile I managed to find an alternative;

A hair clinic in Manchester who can prescribe Finasteride Combined with Minoxidil. This is shipped from Follifuel Pharmaceuticals, the cost is right about 40 pounds a month. I've had bad experience with minoxidil in the past but I'd be willing to give it another shot.

What is your take on this?

Advice and recommendations more than welcome.

Edited by azaya

I have been on oral finasteride for over three years with no side effects. I recommend trying the oral first. If that doesn't work out, then try the other options.

I'm a UK based GP and I'm currently making enquiries on importing Topical Finasteride from Farmacia Parati in Italy for sale in the UK, after being prescribed by myself. Hopefully I will have an update in the coming days.

I am unable to import as the costs involved in obtaining an import license is very expensive. I am happy to prescribe topical Finasteride after going through the usual consultation process via email. Then the prescription can be forwarded to the Italian supplier and they will post to you direct. For further information and fees for me to prescribe please contact me on kashsarwar@gmail.com

Kashif Sarwar

GMC number: 6118961

This is the best news I have heard in a while. I ended up going with the pills for trial purposes, but fear not I'll be switching over to the topical treatment after the months supply.. I referred a mate of mine to Dr.Kash and he said it is the best service he has had in a while!!

Turns out a prescription can be given for the topical finasteride after all.

Pretty happy with the outcome of this thread.

Cheers doc

Hi,

I take oral fin for more than 1 year. No side effects in my practise.

What I have read about topical fin is that it gets absorbed into the blood and it lowers DHT levels, the same as the oral fin does. Different men respond differently to this drug, and if one suffers from sexual side effects while taking oral fin, he will most probably have these effects being on topical fin.

• 2 weeks later...