decided to do SMP(who do i choose?)

I'm 99 percent set on doing SMP, but it's frustrating with all the contradictory info i'm finding on the artist. I went to a local Scalp Aesthetics artist who i was very impressed with during the consultation. he's been practicing for 6 years and works for HIS hair also. But then i've read people saying Scalp Aesthetics sucks and His Hair techniques only last for a couple years. other people that HIs hair artists are some of the best. So i'm really confused. I want the best of the best only and willing to pay extra for proper work. I'm in Northern California but will travel for the best.

Symphony,

Scalp micropigmentation is a small niche within the hair restoration community and thus, it is probably a lot harder to find a quality SMP practitioner than it is a quality hair transplant doctor. That said, I know there are a number of SMP practitioners posting on this forum sharing examples of their results. I suggest looking at some of these results and then if you like what you see, book a consultation. Regrettably, you may have to do some traveling although much like finding a quality hair transplant doctor, I suggest that location be your last consideration. Personally, I would rather travel and get it done right then find a local clinic who will do a reduced quality job.

Best wishes,

Bill

symphonyofdreams you won't find better than Skalp trust me i did a lot of research and there results stood as as by far the most natural, they've got a clinic in New York, will definitely be worth the travelling, check them out

I'm 99 percent set on doing SMP, but it's frustrating with all the contradictory info i'm finding on the artist. I went to a local Scalp Aesthetics artist who i was very impressed with during the consultation. he's been practicing for 6 years and works for HIS hair also. But then i've read people saying Scalp Aesthetics sucks and His Hair techniques only last for a couple years. other people that HIs hair artists are some of the best. So i'm really confused. I want the best of the best only and willing to pay extra for proper work. I'm in Northern California but will travel for the best.

NorCal's a good location to to be based out of mate.

You should not have to go very far to get SMP, definitely not out of state.

Call up a couple of the places you are interested in and see if they can put you in touch with some previous clients, preferably guys who have had the treatment done over a year ago.

Given the mass amount of clients the two clinics you mentioned claim to have treated, it should not be a problem for them to connect you with some lads willing to help you make a decision by showing you their treated scalps.

If you are unable to meet the previous clients in person you can always use Skype.

Edited by BaldKen2