6 weeks later question

ruttrowg

I got my hair cut today at Great Clips. Early into the cut the hair dresser asks me if I was wearing a hat before coming in. I realized she asked because the hair is uneven where the incision was done March 4th.

So my question is, how long am I going to have let my hair grow out so there is no line? And will more healing time help disguise the area where the incision was done? I attached a pic. I had an #4 hair cut, they used a decent size attachment on their electric clipper.

20160414_160756.jpg.0d26d2eeb5313986fd9795dcb0be6176.jpg

That's not the clearest pic but the scar doesn't look too bad at that length. I'd say another week's growth and it's going to be undetectable.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

At six weeks, you probably aren't going to experience the most even growth so even if you grow it longer, some of it will still be shorter and there could possibly still be an obvious line to the barber or other people. Thus, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point but after about six months, you should still be able to conceal the scar and there will be no obvious looking line even when you wear your hair at short lengths. For me, I usually shave the sides and back of my hair using a 4 clip all the way up and only part of my scar shows in certain places where the scar appears a little wider. That's after 4 hair transplants. Others have a finer, better looking scar then I might have and can wear their hair even shorter lengths.

Honestly, that's why I always wonder why people get so crazy about the linear scar and prefer FUE which is not as consistent in general with growth. Personally, I rather have a fine looking scar and have to wear my hair out little longer on the sides and back and have thicker and fuller hair on top of my head. But everybody has their own opinion about this.

Best wishes,

Bill