Will my Hair fall off ?

Well just registered although been reading for a while :).

I had a FUE 4000 (6000 recommended ) grafts done in India (close country and price) exactly 2 weeks ago. I had less than 5% hair come off while removing scabs which i did completely 2 days ago. The thing is my current transplanted hair seems to be growing quite nicely. I know it is just 2 weeks and they tend to fall off normally from 2-6 weeks time. But in the last 2 days not 1 hair came off.

So I'm wondering will this transplanted hair begin to shed or is there a possibility that might it grow without shedding ?

Conventional wisdom and general consensus is that you will continue to shed in week 3 and 4. And it is rare that the transplanted hairs just pick up where they left off. Best advice I can give is to expect the shed, and if you keep some hairs, good for you. You will laugh at this post 12 months from now.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

That's the thing with hair growth it's such a long process!

It certainly seems that way when you're smack dab in the middle of it - but all things considered it flies by.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Thanks for the reply. Still looks good with transplanted hair. I was told I have nice grafts while doing the transplant. But i presume its just reassurance same as they telling very good density :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just past 3 weeks now and still I have over 80% of the transplanted hair from the looks of it. The hair has now grown over 1 inch long. I never witnessed any hair falling last week but seems the maybe a bit of it has fallen off.

There's a good chance that you will shed more of the transplanted hair. It typically takes 4 to 6 weeks for all of the hair to shed and then it will start to regrow in about 3 to 5 months. Notice the word "start". It will take up to a year to 18 months to fully grow and mature.

That said, there is a chance that you won't lose any additional transplanted hair, maybe you're one of the lucky ones who will experience minimal shed and all your hair will just continue to grow from now until forever. I wish I was one of the lucky few. I believe Dave (forum co-moderator) said that he was after the second hair transplant even though that didn't happen for his first one.

It would be great if a doctor or somebody could find out what the secret is and perhaps patients would no longer have to wait a year, the hair would just continue growing from the date of the procedure onwards.

Keep us posted.

Bill

Well one month update!

About 30-40% hair must have gone off from original transplant i guess although hair does not come off visibly to me. There are a about another small amount of hair a bit shorter than the rest. I guess they might fall off also in coming weeks perhaps.

Anyway in the end at least 50-60% of the transplanted hair will survive and growing well ( now over 1.5 inches).

The problem with this though is that the density is not great now and all these transplanted hair are growing straight up like trees and they are very thick than my normal hair. Specially as i want to combo the hair back and they seems to have been put to come forward hard job to get them to comb back.