Hair Transplant 4 Months Post Surgery | Hairstyle Dilemma

Hey Guys

I have just crossed my Four Months mark. The transplanted hair has grown a bit. I can't say exactly but I feel that 70-80% hairs have sprouted and some still left.

But at this time the rest of the hair has grown enough in length so I am in a hairstyle dilemma phase where there's no proper hairstyle that I can keep :P;)

Please watch the complete video here: https://youtu.be/lJzz54SDhDo

Also visit my YouTube channel for my whole journey and many other videos on hair loss.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJaB5IXaXWZZU9I9ZtkNYHQ

Unfortunately, that's part of the growth process. For the first few months you are going to be at an interim stage where finding a suitable hairstyle may be a bit of a challenge. My way to handle this was to cut my hair quite sure so that pretty much all the hairs were at least very close to the same length. At that point, the only real hairstyle choice I had was a buzz cut. And then, as my hair grew longer I began to push it and comb it forward which ironically never a style I chose for any hair loss but something that I grew accustomed to and liked a lot after my transplanted hair grew in. now, I keep my hair relatively short and it still looks pretty sick all things considering and especially considering I would be pretty much completely bald on top if it wasn't for 9600 grafts.

Hang in there,

Bill

Unfortunately, that's part of the growth process. For the first few months you are going to be at an interim stage where finding a suitable hairstyle may be a bit of a challenge. My way to handle this was to cut my hair quite sure so that pretty much all the hairs were at least very close to the same length. At that point, the only real hairstyle choice I had was a buzz cut. And then, as my hair grew longer I began to push it and comb it forward which ironically never a style I chose for any hair loss but something that I grew accustomed to and liked a lot after my transplanted hair grew in. now, I keep my hair relatively short and it still looks pretty sick all things considering and especially considering I would be pretty much completely bald on top if it wasn't for 9600 grafts.

Hang in there,

Bill

I would say having a head full of hair itself is a hairstyle!:cool:

I am not planning to cut it short, cause then I'll have to wait for them to grow later and I like longer hair. Also, no one else can tell that my head has hairs of different lengths. To other people it just looks full :D

Your results look fantastic! Honestly, I would just use a small amount of hair paste and piece it into your hair for a somewhat messy/textured look. Your hair looks good as is, and this would give it just a little bit of structure. Basically, keep it simple. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Your results look fantastic! Honestly, I would just use a small amount of hair paste and piece it into your hair for a somewhat messy/textured look. Your hair looks good as is, and this would give it just a little bit of structure. Basically, keep it simple. :)

Yup, that's what I am doing... keeping it simple and messy. But using a serum instead of gel / paste. Tired of using gels now.. did that for last 10 years... Now I want to enjoy my hair and be able to run my hands through it whenever I want. Serum keeps them nice and smooth. :D

This result is looking good, I think another 2-3 months you will see the real difference, you will be a happy man with this result. Good luck. Hair styling will sort itself out once hairs grow in length.

My Thread: 

This result is looking good, I think another 2-3 months you will see the real difference, you will be a happy man with this result. Good luck. Hair styling will sort itself out once hairs grow in length.

Thanks. I am already very happy. The feeling of so much hair back on the head is amazing. In 2-3 months I think all hairs will get to same lengths.

Could anyone seeing my donor area in the last video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJzz54SDhDo tell me if this will fill back or not?

Give it some time, donor area will remain thinner than before the transplant, but in most people it recovers over a period of several months.

So will there be some new growth here or only the existing hair will get thicker? I think because of shock loss, there still could be some roots that will sprout later on. But obviously it won't be near the density I had earlier, of course because the roots are extracted.

So will there be some new growth here or only the existing hair will get thicker? I think because of shock loss, there still could be some roots that will sprout later on. But obviously it won't be near the density I had earlier, of course because the roots are extracted.

Given there's no permanent shock loss, you should reach the point eventually where the lower density isn't even noticeable. I honestly can't tell a difference in mine at all at this point, even though there are 2,000 less grafts back there. Give it at least a year and I think you'll see a big difference in the donor density.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Given there's no permanent shock loss, you should reach the point eventually where the lower density isn't even noticeable. I honestly can't tell a difference in mine at all at this point, even though there are 2,000 less grafts back there. Give it at least a year and I think you'll see a big difference in the donor density.

Awesome. No problem in waiting as the area is any ways completely covered with hair around it so no one can tell.