Hair Loss in Film and Literature

Full disclosure first of all. I am the author of what I believe to be the only ever novel in the history of literature that explores one of the most devastating aspects of the human condition (for both men and women).

When I first authored the novel Kindle hadn't even been invented (to my knowledge at least) and it was only ever released in paperback.

Needless to say, sales figures were slow, despite the content being relevant to a massive proportion of modern society.

Then Kindle changed everything and when NCFB was released as an ebook a few years ago the sales went through the roof, and for a long while I had the dubious distinction of being the number one result for the word "baldness" on Amazon. I ranked pretty high on Google too, especially after USA Today jokingly listed it as one of the five Christmas gifts NOT to give to a man.

I've concentrated on my journalism for the last few years and consequently neglected NCFB but I'm happy to report that the rights have recently been acquired by a British film company who want to make the novel into a movie.

I am genuinely at a loss to think of one single movie that explores the impact of hair loss so hopefully this movie will be a world first, should it get off the ground.

The producer has a decent pedigree and has been nominated for best documentary at Edinburgh and Galway film festivals, so lets hope he can make it happen.

It might be worth writing to him in encouragement if anybody is remotely interested in a film about hair loss.

Thanks,

Paul

Work - New Soho Media

Congratulations man! That's exciting news.

And no - I can't think of a single movie that deals with MPB.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56