quick propecia question

fuzzy

hi all, newbie here with a question about propecia.

i've been browsing these forums for a short while and am I correct in understanding that propecia only helps regrowth on your crown, not the frontal hair line?

does this lack of results also apply to hair retention? will i likely have a harder time keeping my hair along the front line while taking propecia?

hi all, newbie here with a question about propecia.

i've been browsing these forums for a short while and am I correct in understanding that propecia only helps regrowth on your crown, not the frontal hair line?

does this lack of results also apply to hair retention? will i likely have a harder time keeping my hair along the front line while taking propecia?

to be more specific...

most of my hairloss has occured near my hairline, but i've also started losing hair along the top of my head.

assuming propecia yeilds good results for me, would I only recieve the benefits on the top of my hair, or would it also help me towards the front of my head also?

fuzzy,

Merck, the makers of Propecia, only advertise that it helps to maintain and regrow hair on the crown and top of the head because those are the only areas that they conclusively tested before rushing the drug to market. I wouldn't say that Finasteride definitely does not help maintain the hairline and if you are starting to thin on top, it is a good bet that your crown is next.

However, there is no conclusive proof that it does help the hairline either. In the end, however, I do not see as to how Finasteride would ever hurt other than an initial "shed" of hairs that occurs with many users. This should only be temporary, though.

For more about Propecia and other drugs look here.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

This could be said about Rogaine.

Initial tests, and advertising, is for the crown area. Easy testing and advertising, because most men start losing in the crown.

More testing is moving torwards the general hairloss factor of the front included.

Time will tell.

Clinical studies show results in the crown and some midscalp radius with Propecia.

Rogaine results were the same, but now some clinical experience by surgeons have shown some resuls with frontal core and hairline-- actually with HT grafts, it has shown to help speed up the new graft growth starting 2 weeks post op and continue for 6-8 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

thx for the replies, guys.

one last question here..

how long does it take for the side effects (loss of libedo(sp?) and hair-loss) to set in?

i've got a date coming in from out of town in a few days and i'd hate to have that crap mess my night up.

• 4 weeks later...