1409 fue

SupaGroover

Hey Guys,

Just back from my FUE and can't sleep. So i said i'd just put up a quick thread to let you know how it went! I'm not going to go into huge details. I will put up two pics now and one at six months to show you the result. Post op pic is the next day after surgery. I did not lower my hairline one bit. I wanted to keep it as natural as possible. Am delighted with it, and just hope for the best.

I am 37 and on meds 5 years (Proscar 1.25 every 3 days). Losing hair since early twenties. I have spent a long time considering this. Proscar has stabilized my hair loss, and we only have one short life around here :)

The experience went as best as i could hope. No problems whatsoever, just delighted really that it's over and done with, and look forward to seeing how it goes! Clinic, staff etc were just top notch.

I should add that i had two small scars filled in as well, at the back and top of my head. Old sports injury, as well as a botched cyst removal.

The reason i am posting this is because this forum was a great help to me. Thanks!

DSC_0389.thumb.jpg.2bee66492b236b120305666bfd111488.jpg

DSC_0491.thumb.jpg.27fafb9fd684eea54bf0f553a604c2c9.jpg

Hello SupaGroover,

Honestly I don't understand why the doctor started with the lower part of the hairline instead of the coming from behind where you already have a lot of miniaturized hair or at least covering that area too with more grafts. Very conservative approach and I bet whatever you want that you will need a new surgery sooner rather than later.

I had a similar experience but with way less density than your surgery and I ended having 2 additional surgeries to cover that area behind the hairline that my doctor ignored on my first surgery.

Sorry if I sound negative but it is my honest opinion.

Best luck to you with the results of this surgery!

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

Who was your surgeon?

The placement looks clean, and the density seems appropriate. I look forward to the update at six months. I appreciate you sharing your case.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree it will be great. I had 1800 in the front just like you ( See main pic ) and mine looks great now :) Dr Feriduni is a great doctor and also I think most people of lower Norwood grades are aware of further surgeries that they will probably need In the future, Happy growing and I'm sure you will love the result In 12 months time. I'm around 18 months and it's still thickening.

• 3 months later...

14 weeks out from op. Things are happening for sure. Kept around 15% of the grafts from op. Over the last few weeks can see action, and to be honest it's the best feeling ever. Will post pics at 6 month mark.

14 weeks out from op. Things are happening for sure. Kept around 15% of the grafts from op. Over the last few weeks can see action, and to be honest it's the best feeling ever. Will post pics at 6 month mark.

No shockloss of native hairs in reciepted Area?

It looks like you still had a bit thin hairs in the front where he put grafts in between.

No shockloss of native hairs in reciepted Area?

It looks like you still had a bit thin hairs in the front where he put grafts in between.

Yes i had shockloss. Both in the recipient and donor. The donor was pretty bad but it was on the back of my head, so the fact i couldn't see it made it ok with me. It's filling back in over the last week, and looks way better already.

In the recipient area, i had a horse shoe outline since pretty much when the new hairs fell out. My native hair in the recipient area grew back much slower than the rest of my hair. That was the toughest part of the whole process. Getting the op done etc was a breeze, but the first 3 months are really tough on the mind. Right now, everything is progressing exactly how the doc said it would. It's all good from here on in.

Yes i had shockloss. Both in the recipient and donor. The donor was pretty bad but it was on the back of my head, so the fact i couldn't see it made it ok with me. It's filling back in over the last week, and looks way better already.

In the recipient area, i had a horse shoe outline since pretty much when the new hairs fell out. My native hair in the recipient area grew back much slower than the rest of my hair. That was the toughest part of the whole process. Getting the op done etc was a breeze, but the first 3 months are really tough on the mind. Right now, everything is progressing exactly how the doc said it would. It's all good from here on in.

So all your shockloss from the hair in the reciepted Area has returned ?

What do you Think abit the difference between your native hairs and the HT hairs?

Can i see a difference?

Was the recipient area prepared without any shaving? Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

So all your shockloss from the hair in the reciepted Area has returned ?

What do you Think abit the difference between your native hairs and the HT hairs?

Can i see a difference?

No, it hasn't all returned. But day by day i can see progress. Maybe all my native hair won't return, who knows. Will wait till at least 7/8 months before i can have a good idea of the outcome. I can see a small difference between new hairs and old. It's obvious to me, but not anyone else.

Was the recipient area prepared without any shaving? Thanks for sharing.

The recipient area was shaved down with a 'no-guard' tiny head shaver. Not one i had seen before. Kinda looked like a small battery powered toothbrush if i remember correctly.

• 1 month later...
Any updates?

Just as well i get email notifications about this place, otherwise i wouldn't check anymore. I'm two weeks from 6 months, and the surgery has been life changing already. No need to use concealer. Can wake up in the morning and head out without worrying about my hairline. It's been a long time since i can say that! Lots more growing/maturing for my new hair. If i run my fingers along my hairline i can still feel new 'stubbly' hairs sprouting up.

All in all, best decision i have ever made. Looking back on it now, i can say it's only around 8-10 weeks where you are looking like crap. Once you hit 3.5 months out, it's all good. At least it was for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...