*VIDEO* Can 2,500 Grafts Make a Big Difference? Feller & Bloxham, NY

Hi everyone,

Here is a patient who had 2,500 grafts FUT with Feller & Bloxham. He stopped by the clinic while he was in the area recently and we took some video of his 8 months results.

Seems like 2,500 grafts made a big difference for him!

Hope you enjoy the video....

-Tara

Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Dr. Feller is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Bloxham is Recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

He's only 8 months out wow he's a fast grower to answer the question about making a difference I would have to say Hell Yeah ! He's lucky to be able to be done with one procedure. I wish that could be the case for me but I know I will need two.

• Administrators

Dr. Bloxham, what's your views on Topical Finasteride? is it something you guys may compound like H&W and Shapiro, it seems there needs to be something out there for us guys who cant tolerate oral finasteride.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HT,

I haven't personally prescribed a compounded, topical version of finasteride myself. I once worked with a compounding pharmacist to create a topical estrogen-based treatment for a female patient with female pattern hair loss, but this was obviously a different circumstance.

I think topical finasteride would be a good alternative for those who cannot tolerate the oral medication IF it prevents the finasteride from going systemic. I've seen some studies indicate that topical finasteride does not go broadly systemic like the oral pill, but I wasn't sure if this was because it is staying in the scalp or if it just indicated that the drug wasn't really being absorbed at all (and was just sitting on the scalp).

I think the biggest hurdle will be absorption. It's always been tricky trying to get drugs to absorb across skin. It must be broken down to a certain size and it must be accompanied and assisted by a vehicle that compliments the drug's own chemistry and has the capability to absorb through the skin (and get to the layers where the drug is needed).

I do know a few clinics started working with compounding pharmacies to create topical versions, and they seem to be pleased with the results thus far. I'd absolutely look into it if the data shows that: 1) it can be mixed with an inexpensive and benign vehicle that allows for good absorption into the proper dermal/subcutenaous layers; 2) the topical version demonstrates less systemic absorption than the oral version -- and thus fewer side effects; and 3) the efficacy was equivalent to the oral form. I'll have to do some further research and keep an eye on it!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.