What are these tools being used by Dr Lorenzo?

Vpac

I have spent all morning watching Lorenzo's before and after results on YouTube - his work is one of the best in FUE. Anyway, I came across his FUE step-by-step procedure video and everything I have read from patients blogs on this forum about their experience was very similar if not exactly the same way Lorenzo carries out his procedure.

Two things I noticed. He uses this measuring tool on the head, which I presume is to achieve an aesthetic goal of where to begin the new implanted hairline. I've never seen this before or read from other patients this kind of measuring tool being used and wondering if it's common place for other surgeons to use this to obtain a realistic hairline? Pic below.

The other was the tool he used to implant the hair. Common procedure is to first create the incisions on the recipient site using a sharp scalpel/needle type of tool. This is where the grafts will be individually inserted into and it's done in two stages - first make the incisions, second insert the graft. Lorenzo uses a tool combining both in one go. The graft is attached to the needle so when the incision is made, the graft follows the incision and is placed inside. This seems to be much more efficient, whilst also keeping the graft in the same direction of the incision created. When I visited Lorenzo's website he has a page dedicated to the tool and calls it the 'implanter' and has listed many supposed benefits it provides see the link here implanter . Again pics below.

The link to the video between 4:00 to 6:00

What are people's thoughts on this, especially the implanter tool compared to the conventional method of creating incisions first, and then after that inserting grafts inside them. Does it actually make a huge difference to results? Are there are other doctors who perform the same practice using the same/similar tools as Lorenzo?

rCmGULC.jpg

9znZsuS.jpg

FjA1qDz.jpg

Edited by Vpac

Dr. Lorenzo use only manual FUE (not motorized like the SAFE System and he is openly against the results of the robot) with a very small punch, amazing extraction technique but the most important tool he uses is the implanter. His technicians are the best in the world "charging" the implanter with the grafts and then Dr. Lorenzo complete all the implants. With the implanter you have the huge benefit of avoiding the extra step that most doctors add to the surgeries creating the incisions because with the implanter they create the incision and implant the graft in one step and if the doctor is good then they can perform a super high density surgery way better than the 2 step incision implant because they can add grafts in real time if they see an area that need more density.

Here is more information on this PDF paper from Dr. Lorenzo about the implanter: http://www.injertocapilar.com/pdf/forum_121_122.pdf

Good luck,

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

He used a laser device on me to create the hairline outline, but i didn't know he didn't do incisions seperately at the time, but does it all in one as he implants the graft.

His techs are so fast at loading the implanter, but only as fast as DR Lorenzo is at implanting the grafts, his efficiency is amazing.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts