Laser Hair Removal Destroying My Donor?

Fairly recently I began a process of laser hair removal. Oh, the irony! icon_smile.gif Anyways, I did my research and found one of the only joints I'd go to in the U.S.

Part of the treatment is for what they loosely call "the neck". Basically, the area they zap goes right up into the zone of where your barber might go during a haircut when cleaning up your "neck's hairline".

It just hit me that I could be plundering some potentially sweet donor, especially that of "nape hair"...? I'm not sure if nape hair constitutes hair that a barber might shave off when neatening up your neck, or if it's really just the hair that would exist right above that area following a haircut...?

I just have this re-occurring nightmare after laser hair removal that I'm destroying hundreds of fine grafts that could someday be used to refine my hairline.. icon_eek.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Fairly recently I began a process of laser hair removal. Oh, the irony! icon_smile.gif Anyways, I did my research and found one of the only joints I'd go to in the U.S.

Part of the treatment is for what they loosely call "the neck". Basically, the area they zap goes right up into the zone of where your barber might go during a haircut when cleaning up your "neck's hairline".

It just hit me that I could be plundering some potentially sweet donor, especially that of "nape hair"...? I'm not sure if nape hair constitutes hair that a barber might shave off when neatening up your neck, or if it's really just the hair that would exist right above that area following a haircut...?

I just have this re-occurring nightmare after laser hair removal that I'm destroying hundreds of fine grafts that could someday be used to refine my hairline.. icon_eek.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yeah my cousin had some laser hair removal on his neck. You have to shave the area prior to treatment so just make sure you get someone to shave it to a place where it isn't too high into your nape hair and make sure they only remove that area. Generally the laser does not kill off the finer hairs so I think you should be fine.

I've read of Dr Umar using nape hair in the hairline, I've always liked the idea as I feel it would soften the hairline.

I have also read that nape hair is susceptible to loss, I'm not sure I would spend my graft money on nape hair unless thats all I had left or money wasn't an option, however, I wouldn't be killing it with lasers either.

CuriousJungleGeorge,

I agree, when I said I liked the idea - I meant as an addition. There is no way nape hair, even if there was enough as donor, could make a convincing hairline.

Damn metrosexual HT patients. They are never satisfied. When it the next penis enlargement surgery? icon_smile.gif

I also think that nape hair is not permanent, therefore not worth to spend graft money on this.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley