When will all the hair "break through"

Hello everyone!

I'm almost at month 5. had 2000 grafts put in my front hairline to reshape it.

Certainly have seen a lot of growth on one side of my head. I know its common to have one side be ahead of the other. I'm just concerned that the spaces between the follicle on the other side didnt take or something.

Ive heard that by 6 months, all the hair will have "sprouted". They may be very immature, but they should have "broke through" the skin. It seems like this has some science to it, as the "resting phase" is only 4 months on average. But I've seen a lot of blogs contradict this by saying some of the hair dont break through til month 9.

Can someone shed some light. Any science is appreciated. Personal experience regarding this is also very appreciated!

THANKS YOU GUYS! So glad to be part of a group that understands. Most of my friends have great heads of hair and I cant talk to them about this stuff at all.

LIG,

I see that you joined this community very recently so welcome...;)

Yes at the 6th month mark, you should be seeing regrowth throughout the recipient zone. It's hard to say why one side has regrowth and the other side does not.

Have you contacted your surgeon about this? I would highly recommend that you do.

If you still see no regrowth by the 8th month, that would be of some concern so it never hurts to let your surgeon know what is going on.

Hope things improve for you very soon and congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks Gill!

I appreciate the support. I should clarify. Its not that I haven't seen any growth in that zone. There are certainly a sporadic distribution of hairs along the less populated side as well. It just seems odd with the other side advancing somewhat faster. I guess my real question was, what is the longest it can take for the hairs to begin to break through the surface? Sounds like youre saying it will continue well into the 6th month mark?

I've contacted my guy, he says its all normal, but I always trust people's opinion more who dont have skin in the game. Thanks so much

You're welcome my friend. Yes, by the 6th month the regrowth is usually really kicking in.

Sometimes the blood supply is compromised with the many recipient incisions made and that can also delay some of the regrowth.

Things heal up fairly quickly so the regrowth should continue on and why it takes up to one full year for the procedure to fully mature.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY