Atlanta FUE

Hello all!

I have been researching and stalking this site for probably around 6 years. I have met with Dr Griffin back in 2011 after seeing his recommendation on here...but didn't pull the trigger because I have always been afraid of the scar. I waited...and am very interested in the new technology with FUE and especially the ARTAS robot.

I recently met with Dr Anderson in Atlanta who claims to have the only ARTAS machine in GA and has nothing but excellent reviews online. Everything sounded great...but then I was quoted 21k for the procedure.

Is anyone familiar with Dr Anderson? I constantly hear not to trust any Dr that is not on this site....Is that price crazy high for an ARTAS transplant?

Any help would be awesome!!!

• Administrators

Any reputable FUE physician will tell you that the Artas machine does not provide the best results, as a matter of fact the only physicians I know that use the machine are hair mills like bosley and ziering or strip doctors that never mastered FUE, you have not done enough research, there are few FUE doctors in the US I would trust, Dr. Diep did my procedure and Dr. Umar has been doing FUE since the beginning, reputable clinics like Rahal bought the Artas machine and now it collects dust that should tell you everything.

A poster on here that goes by myfueblog had a procedure done by one of the Artas pioneers Dr. Harris and his results were subpar, I would strongly advise against Artas, true FUE physicians in my opinion are Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Bhatti, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Umar, Dr. Bisanga. You want a physician that does FUE on a daily basis, I would advise against going to physicians who only do FUE on rare or special occasions. Remember FUE is a highly techinical skill, it requires more attention than strip there's more risk of poor growth so the doctors have to be extra careful and they need to know how to perform extractions or have a team that knows how to perform extractions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Awesome feedback. Thank you!

And now that you say that, I seem to remember first seeing the ARTAS option at Dr Cooley (who is recommended here) and now it is nowhere on his site. I could be mistaken.

It just seemed like a faster option because I'm sure an FUE procedure would be very labor intensive and I assumed would cost way more. Do you think a regular FUE with a reputable Dr would take me over 20k generally?

• Administrators

20K sounds appropriate if your searching for doctors within the U.S. Most surgeons in the U.S charge from $7-8 per graft for FUE, if your looking to get 3,000 grafts that's gonna run you over 20K.

I've gotten only FUE but remember it is an expensive endeavor, you'll more than likely need more than one procedure, I would seriously consider options outside of the U.S like Dr. Bhatti provides the most affordable prices for FUE but he's in India, there's also Dr. Erdogan and some physicians in Europe like bisanga and feriduni. Take a look at injertocapilar espa?a on YouTube, Dr. Lorenzo has some of the best FUE results I've ever seen, take your time consult with different FUE doctors weigh your options and do not base your decisions solely on location that's a bad mistake. Also, you may want to weigh your options for strip of course if you don't mind the linear scar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.