Minoxidil Absorption Question

RK007

Hello all, I'm 6 weeks post op from my FUE. I didn't get many grafts into my crown so im thinking of using minoxidil in that area. Id use it all over but im worried about shedding native hair that doesnt come back. My question is, does the absorption spread away from the applied area or is it quite easy to target a crown without worrying about the adjacent hair? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I need to know that as well as my area is big so if I cover it all I will be using too much.

Contacted Regain they were just trying to be politically correct. They told me the only evidence is for crown area

You can use it everywhere - someone here directed to an online video of a guy who does videos of his hair transplants and he puts it on everywhere and when he stops it all that saved hair falls out.

My guess is the internal studies by the drug maker showed it was less than 95% effective on other places so they only market it to the crown so they can tout the high rate. But if it works for 95% of people at crown and even 50% of people in other spots its worthwhile.

To OP: my doctor told me to do the same. And I think anything that you shed that does not come back was going to leave on its own relatively soon. If you use the foam it is not going to go anywhere else - if you use the liquid it of course is going to be more runny. Considering you have to use it so often day after day if you spill some liquid here or there in various spots its not going to do much. Its not like acid where if it touches something twice a week it is going to ruin it. You'd have to be "spilling" it on the exact same spot for months on a time to get the same effect as areas you are targeting - so that is not going to happen.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Will using it on the crown and the front temp areas as well as the thinning areas so basically all overr not be using too much?

Or does putting it on the crown area enough for it to work all over ?

They also told me to stop using it if i notice hair colour change