ARTAS 2089 Grafts By James A. Harris, MD

Hi David:

I don't normally take pictures of the donor extraction zone, photos of the implantation, or freshly implanted sites. So today I took photos of my ARTAS patient today who received 1400 grafts in the frontal region and will receive an additional 200 grafts tomorrow in that area as well as an additional 800-1000 grafts to the mid-scalp region.

5b32ea8494fac_ARTASdonorarea-1400grafts.thumb.jpg.84331fba57a24e7d20a7b8e822c67715.jpg

5b32ea84b9c0b_ARTAScaserecipientarea.thumb.jpg.41948464fdda9301708fe35af48b5040.jpg

Dr. Harris is Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hi David:

I don't normally take pictures of the donor extraction zone, photos of the implantation, or freshly implanted sites. So today I took photos of my ARTAS patient today who received 1400 grafts in the frontal region and will receive an additional 200 grafts tomorrow in that area as well as an additional 800-1000 grafts to the mid-scalp region.

Thank you Dr. Harris! The work looks very clean and refined. With ARTAS cases in particular, members really like to see those extraction sites.

Is ARTAS being utilized for recipient site incisions yet or just harvesting?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I am using the ARTAS in selected cases (central forelock or mid-scalp) and only for some of the recipient sites. On the case yesterday I used it for about 800 of the sites. I think the ARTAS has some strengths when it comes to recipient site creation (ability to create sites in between existing hairs) but I also think that at this point the surgeon still has to put the finishing touches on the overall design.

J Harris

Dr. Harris is Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Those extraction and graft placement pics look excellent. Hopefully we'll get to see that case develop also. Nice work Dr. Harris.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.