MGM & Rogaine

qvarnis

Hi there,

Hope everyone is well. Im 4 weeks post op and am in the feak out stage like many of you around this time. What if it dosent work? It looks worse? How long (too long)? etc. Must say I find it reassuring a forum like this exists for us to share info.... Anyway, my op went great, it was performed by Dr White in Melbourne, Australia. Very professional and caring as you would expect. I have compared my current situation with many of the pictures and experiences online and am impressed with everything so far. Had a total of 2180 grafts transplanted, so far i think about 30-40% have fallen out and I expect more will, will try to get some photos together... Keep getting sidetracked.

So I was wondering what this MGM product is and if it is of any use, any ifo would be appreciated.

Another question I had was about Rogaine. I used it for about a year previous to my HT (have been on propecia for 1 year also) without any real results, did notice it caused bad skin irritations and redness around my eyes. It also seemed to cause my scalp to become very soft and yellowish. has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Good luck everyone, dont you hate this alopecia rubish... who's idea was it for guys to be subjected to this (joke), Have a good one.

qvarnis

Hi there,

Hope everyone is well. Im 4 weeks post op and am in the feak out stage like many of you around this time. What if it dosent work? It looks worse? How long (too long)? etc. Must say I find it reassuring a forum like this exists for us to share info.... Anyway, my op went great, it was performed by Dr White in Melbourne, Australia. Very professional and caring as you would expect. I have compared my current situation with many of the pictures and experiences online and am impressed with everything so far. Had a total of 2180 grafts transplanted, so far i think about 30-40% have fallen out and I expect more will, will try to get some photos together... Keep getting sidetracked.

So I was wondering what this MGM product is and if it is of any use, any ifo would be appreciated.

Another question I had was about Rogaine. I used it for about a year previous to my HT (have been on propecia for 1 year also) without any real results, did notice it caused bad skin irritations and redness around my eyes. It also seemed to cause my scalp to become very soft and yellowish. has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Good luck everyone, dont you hate this alopecia rubish... who's idea was it for guys to be subjected to this (joke), Have a good one.

qvarnis

Yes, MSM will help your hair grow in faster, it will also make your nails grow faster, and possibly make your skin look better. You might also try the Megamen vitamins from GNC, they also help! Good Luck!

You can try drugstore.com too. I don't know about price. I get mine at CVS in 1000 mG capsule form for around $6 for 60 capsules. The usual recommended dosage is around 2000 mG to 3000 mG daily.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

First congrats on your HT and I'm glad to hear things are going good-- Dr. White has had mixed results with patients, so I'm glad your's went well.

MSM is a herb that provides nutients to your skin, nails, and hair. It will help your hair grow faster-- I've been on it for 6 months and have to have haircuts more frequenty. It should help your HT grow out faster. COmbine that with a multi vitamin, saw palmetto, rogain, and propecia and Nioxin shampoo-- you have yourself the best HT cocktail available.Good luck

Smoothy,

In addition to your regimen, I use Nizoral 2% and added Biotin for the heck of it basically to make the hair look healthier. I also do not use Saw Palmetto. But the gist is the same and I believe that it works.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Robert

How's it going, Im wondering if you are aware of some sort of resolution to the DR White/~Parable~ experience, Ive put up a new discussion detailing my experience-have a read if you can. Ive read the whole story but it just seems to end on Feb 12th 2004... Any idea's

qvarnis

No Worries,

Found the MSM and National Pharmacies in Australia, was also told previously that Silica tablets are a way of providing nutrients to your hair and nails for speedy growth.

Anyone have any info on that? Got the MSM in the crystal form, is this the way to go?

qvarnis

Q,

I believe the average cost-- looking at various patients posts-- is around $4 a graft (so 2000 grafts would be around 8K roughly) I do know that after 1500 grafts the price goes down to 2.50 a graft so if your need more it will cost you less than going back for a 2nd HT later on?

Qvarnis,

I also live in Australia, Newcastle actually.

In regards the silicea tabs, I have also heard that they might be handy. Too early to tell yet as I have only been using them for about a month.

Where did you get your MSM from?

Glad you are happy with your work from Dr White. I was all set to go with him but was spooked a bit by his 'salesman' in Sydney.

I ended up with Dr Knudsen in Double Bay.

Had the procedure in January and have been very happy with the results.

Keep us posted, especially about where you got your MSM in Australia.

Good luck!

Hi Rocky,

How's it going mate. I got the MSM from National Pharmacies which is a chemist chain in Adelaide. Im guessing their not on the east coast so I have the brand details;

Brand: Nature's Own MSM

Description: Green transparent bottle with yellow label and red writing.

Good work with the Dr Knudsen choice, Ive heard good things as well. Everything well here, starting to see new hairs poping through along my hairline.. always exciting.

I think Dr White should sack his Sydney sales guy, Ive also heard some wrong things about the office there.

Hope you find the MSM

Cheers

qvarnis