In the UK but considering going abroad for a HT

Jimmybond

I would obviously prefer it done here but it does seem a lot more expensive here than other places and I'm starting to consider travelling further afield.

I am ideally looking for a very good surgeon at a reasonable price but money isn't my main concern although it is one of them.

Travelling to the US wouldn't be a problem or obviously anywhere in europe.

Any advise would be welcome.

Hi Jimmy

It's definitely worth considering surgeons based abroad. I am from Newcastle and had mine done in Belgium. It's just a matter of looking at patient results and reviews to determine the best surgeon for you and your budget. Whilst money is a concern and restriction for many, remember surgery is a permanent procedure and it comes with the possibility of destroying limited donor hair. In my view the surgeon's skill and how the clinic operates as a team is the number #1 consideration.

If you have any questions, just give me a shout.

Chris

Edited by chrisis

Online Patient Advisor for Dr. Bijan Feriduni, Coalition Member

My opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Dr. Feriduni's.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Jimmy,

Spent some time researching and make a shortlist of 5-6 Doctors that you are considering these could be UK, Europe and the US or wherever. Take some clear photos of your scalp from all angles and make contact with all of the clinics. You can use a online consultation form or email them directly. Prepare yourself with all the questions that you have and ask them at the same time be clear in what you are hoping to acheive.

You should visit some clinics in the UK for an in person consultation to assess density and pattern of loss. After doing all this you should have got your list down to 2 or 3 and by then it is more of a gut instinct on various levels.

If you can meet a former patient of that clinic in person then that would be ideal.

On a separate note -Chrisis, congratulations on your new role. Dr F is a great guy.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks Garageland and good advice. Pretty much the route I went down :)

Online Patient Advisor for Dr. Bijan Feriduni, Coalition Member

My opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Dr. Feriduni's.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website